VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi after I reinstalled windows all the SD video were pixelated, at first I thought It was normal as it was only 480p, so I watched all the movies on DVD but not long before the pixelation was gone somehow and the video was just blurry, normal for SD. And now it's back to how it was before... I am using Windows Media Player. Here's an example https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/HdLYu7Hh.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You wouldn't happen to be shifting the windows focus away from Windows Media Player while you're watching it are you?

Windows applies filters the "active" window to make it look better, but not the inactive ones.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No I have it selected and playing on fullscreen but this only happens to XviD movies, when I play DVDs they look normal
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anyone? I want to add it's only like that in Windows Media Player
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try a different MPEG 4 Part 2 (Xvid, Divx, MPEG4) decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. use codec tweak tool to reset your settings
    Quote Quote  
  7. I did and nothing helps I guess the problem is specifically with WMP
    Quote Quote  
  8. change your player to potplayer
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks it looks good
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Simply a byproduct of the decoder used and/or how it's configured. If you playback in windowed mode, it's likely looks fine, but full screen means it has to be scaled to fit the screen (DVD resolution is smaller than the standard monitor resolution).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote