VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A friend of mine purchased Good Luck Chuck today, and after reading this Forum tried RipIt4Me and the latest DVD Fab Platinum (4050) cannot deal with it. He showed me how the drive just stops during analysis.

Must be a fantastic form of protection.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MacPCConsultants
    A friend of mine purchased Good Luck Chuck today, and after reading this Forum tried RipIt4Me and the latest DVD Fab Platinum (4050) cannot deal with it. He showed me how the drive just stops during analysis.

RIPIT4ME is longer updated!!!!! You'll have to use the latest DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    Originally Posted by MacPCConsultants

RIPIT4ME is longer updated!!!!! You'll have to use the latest DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER!!!!
    And MacPCConsultants should know that by now.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic341435.html#1781530
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What ? I thought DVD Fab Platinum was superior to DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER.

When does one used HD DECRYPT ? When does one use Platinum ?

Can both reside on the same partition of the hard drive ?

We tried DVD FAB HD DECRYPTER on this DVD, but it gave "error while reading" whether PathPlayer was enabled or not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab HD Decrypter is a cut down version of DVDFab Platinum, try Anydvd if that don't work you'll have to wait till one or the other updates to take care of the protection.
    Also try it in a different drive/computer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The recent DVDFab HD version works for this title. I used it.
    "I think I know exactly what I mean, when I say it's a Shpadoinkle day!"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mijman
    The recent DVDFab HD version works for this title. I used it.

Wow !! This is such a good example of "common things happen commonly". There's a minute radial/longitude scratch on the DVD... arcuate track-align scratches can be lethal !! Polished the DVD -----> all is fine.

Sorry for bothering everyone.

RULE OF THUMB: Inspect DVD's. Clean and polish as needed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DVD HD Fab Decrypter rips fine,but when i go to Shrink,it gave me 6 gigs after analyzing. i reshrank and it read 5.7 gig then i triple shrank and it went to 5.4 gig. Obviously this movie can't be copied. Anyone else getting this? i'm stumped/
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try ripping the main movie only. Then add extras directly from the dvd. I've had this happen a couple of times. Ripped main movie with dvd hd decrypter then opened it in shrink. Then went to re-author, added main title then added extras directly from the dvd. Saved to HD then burnt with Imgburn. Works perfect for those hard to shrink titles.
    Quote Quote  
  10. To the person having problems with DVDshrink this stumped me too but I discovered
    if you do the deep analysis 1st it all works fine! Annoying extra step but what can you do.
    Ripped with latest dvdfab.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hay all I have been useing ripit for a long time but have ran into a few newer dvd that wont work with ripit so i am trying dvdfab its all new to me I am trying to back up good luck chuck but am haveing a ruff go at it could some one please guied me threw this dvdfab thing step by step PLEASE. do I still use dvddecrypter 3.5.4.0 and dvd shrink 3.2.0.15 could someone email me the steps to take to back up the full dvd of good luck chuck PLEASE
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Bamahusker
    DVD HD Fab Decrypter rips fine,but when i go to Shrink,it gave me 6 gigs after analyzing. i reshrank and it read 5.7 gig then i triple shrank and it went to 5.4 gig. Obviously this movie can't be copied. Anyone else getting this? i'm stumped/
    I got this too. I shrunk it (using Deep analysis) at the max that it would regognize, but after it was done, it was the size of a blank. It is written in such a way that it thinks the audio is only 7 mb, instead of the 350mb (thereabouts) it really is.

After the shrink (and burn to a DVD+RW), I ran it through ripit4me to filter it, and the final result was reporting proper audio filesize.
    "I think I know exactly what I mean, when I say it's a Shpadoinkle day!"
    Quote Quote