VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello. yesterday while d/l from newsgroups my connection just stopped. I rebooted the modem, voip box, and wireless router. still no go. i even put in another network card since i normally use the one on the mobo. still not working. i used my sirius s-50 which can connect to wifi and i connected fine as well as my phone using wifi. anyone got any suggestions as to how i can fix this? it keeps trying to acquire an IP and it just sits for hours not sending/receiving packets unless my phone or sirius s-50 is running. i did a system restore from 4 days ago and it still doesnt work..virus, trojan???? thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Call your service provider. They will know more about it than us.

If you suspect a virus or a trojan, do a virus scan.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Supreme2k's advice is good. Why haven't you called your service provider? Note that some ISPs don't support wireless either at all or without paying extra because it adds an extra layer of difficulty for problem solving over a single directly connected computer. You probably need to directly connect the computer to the internet connection and get that working with your ISP's help if necessary. Once you do that, you can try to get the wireless working. Or if you paid for support for wireless you can get help with that. If you have the computer connected to the wireless router via a cable, the cable could be bad. Windows machines do just go bad for a variety of reasons (mostly that Windows is a piece of #$%^) so it could be that there is no virus or physical problem but somehow some network related setting got hosed up and that needs to be fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    start - > run : type netsh int reset all and then press enter a black box with popup and dissapear on your screen this simply resets your TCP/IP and then try connecting again. If that doesn't work start -> run and then type ipconfig /release and then press enter afterwards reboot your pc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i think xp was even easier than that. open network shortcut right click on the network connection and click repair.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess he could try that as well as it would not be unreasonable.
    Quote Quote