VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. H'Lo all )....
    IM making a movie (pearl harbor)but i dont want to make it into a VCD no more.. i want to know how to make it into a SVCD.. i want ot know wat tools i need...and i know i have to make it into a MPEG2..but i have no idea how too... i would love to learn how to make it...also want ot know if the SVCD can play on a DVD playa ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well since your encoding pearl harbor then its safe to assume your source is a bootleg meaning its either already in vcd format (mpeg1) or its a vhs tape. In either case you will get no quality increase by converting to svcd (mpeg2) and will in fact lose quality due to the higher resolution.

If you still want to do this just click on the convert link to your left. This really will tell you everything you need to know, certainly more than can be posted in a forum. The easiest way to do this would be to simply use TMPGenc and load your source and select the svcd template and hit encode.

If your dvd player supports svcds and it can read the media that you burn on then yes it will play on a dvd player as long as you make the svcd correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. THANKS SOO MUCH!!!
    Quote Quote