VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    A while ago I downloaded some videos and decided to copy them to DVD. So I burnt them not as a DVD but as a file, so I could watch them on my laptop and supposedly other laptops as well? As before ejecting a statement would come up in the bottom right of the screen saying something along the lines
    "It was finalising, so I could watch this DVD on other laptops." Well I tried watching a DVD today on another laptop and it would not recognise the disc! Is there anything I could do or are they now lost?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what type of video files are they ?? does the DVD play on a regular DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe it just didn't finish finalizing.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I read you correctly you have not created a dvd-video disk. So you can not play such a disk in a dvd-player.

What happens when you attempt to open the disk in Windows Explorer ? You should be able to see the files you put on the disk and by selecting one it should play as if the video was still on your hard disk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I have taken them mainly from YouTube. It goes into my downloads and from there I have the ability to burn them as a DVD, or as a DVD that supposedly can play on other computers. When finalised they are ejected. Hope this helps?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What software did you use to copy files to a DVD?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Daveridge View Post
    I have taken them mainly from YouTube. It goes into my downloads and from there I have the ability to burn them as a DVD, or as a DVD that supposedly can play on other computers. When finalised they are ejected. Hope this helps?

Not really. You get more help if you actually answer the Q.'s - all of them rather than simply repeat what you are stating.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I just inserted a disc and was taken to Files currently on the Disc (1). Then a blue oblong appears in the middle of the screen saying This app can't be opened There's a problem with Film & TV Contact your system administrator about repair or reinstalling. I'm using Lenovo ideapad 12cs-11iap model name 81a4
    The software I used was on my hp computer 11AH005na
    Quote Quote  
  9. You have to search the files in Windows Explorer, not to open them. Once found, copy them to your HD.
    Quote Quote