VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently remote hacked this player via Dobbo Downunder's method from the hack section, but I have trouble playing some NTSC DVD's, particularly R1 Married with Children D1 from Mill Creek and R1 Lois & Clark S1 D3. At random times the player skips parts of show. Some NTSC DVD's play ok though I think. I bought this player brand new. Did I buy a dud? Is there anyway to factory reset this player or reset remote hack to the default region again (without using the grid method, want to avoid getting the tray error). Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds more like a manufacturing defect with the discs.
    did you try cleaning the discs ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    sounds more like a manufacturing defect with the discs.
    did you try cleaning the discs ??
    Married with Children disc was new, there were minor speckles i cleaned but still had the same freezing problem.I thought it may have been only a few problem discs, so I played Trek TOS disc. 1 episode played fine, then second ep froze on the last minute of play.

Just wondering if it was the hack that screwed up the player as after I applied it I didn't press off, I played the disc first instead. Maybe not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Two thoughts.

1. You did not follow the hack instructions to the letter

2. These disks came from Flea Bay ?

3. Whilst the hack might have worked before, there is every possibility that firmware has been updated. Trying to reverse the process could even make things worse.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    These disks came from Flea Bay ?
    Are you suggesting these TV series box sets are counterfeit?, or that as soon as something is listed on Ebay, it becomes a vastly inferior product?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is not unknown for Ebay to have counterfeit products.

I also put 2+2 together and made 5. The OP is in Australia. Region 1 disks would be US so potentially large shipping costs. But then not all NTSC disks are Region 1.

These 'speckles' for brand new disks also trouble me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is not unknown for Ebay to have counterfeit products.

I also put 2+2 together and made 5. The OP is in Australia. Region 1 disks would be US so potentially large shipping costs. But then not all NTSC disks are Region 1.

These 'speckles' for brand new disks also trouble me.
    All my dvds are legit (bought these from amazon) as a collector can't stand DVD's that aren't original. MWC is a mill creek release so its not uncommon for the disc to be bought new and have a few tiny marks, this box set has very poor packaging, the disc I tried was in fine condition though. I should of said a small section had a bit of dust I brushed off instead of speckles, hehe. I think the player has a bad laser or it is somehow faulty, cause I tried a R4 and its skipping that too. I tested these discs on other players and even copied to my pc hdd and they work fine.
    Last edited by stew181; 1st Mar 2019 at 09:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Out of interest, was it this release of MWC that you acquired and the same actual seller ?

https://www.amazon.com/Married-Children-Complete-Ed-ONeill/dp/B00WV7TQDW/ref=sr_1_2?ke...vies-tv&sr=1-2

Also did you test the player with native region disks before you hacked it ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Out of interest, was it this release of MWC that you acquired and the same actual seller ?

https://www.amazon.com/Married-Children-Complete-Ed-ONeill/dp/B00WV7TQDW/ref=sr_1_2?ke...vies-tv&sr=1-2

Nah purchased directly from amazon.com. No I didn't test before the hack, I managed to reset the region back to R4 but it still stutters on R4's.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stew181 View Post

Nah purchased directly from amazon.com. No I didn't test before the hack, I managed to reset the region back to R4 but it still stutters on R4's.
    if your getting stutters maybe you need to clean the laser lens on your dvd player.
    and if cleaning doesn't help then maybe it's time for a replacement.
    Quote Quote