VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to speedup a video the same way that Enounce MySpeed can increase the speed of video playback without high pitch chipmunk sounds.

I would like to do this to my own .MP4 files that I have recorded.

This video demonstrates the problem and goal
    http://youtu.be/zzU6Nn3RQ8Y

Generally I have 2 goals, shorten the video length by 10-25% and speed up the tempo off my voice without loosing voice quality (pitchiness).

MySpeed works great for playback, but I have tried lots of video editing software (Windows Media Player, Camtasia) and others without ever coming close to the quality of MySpeed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try audacity.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, Change Tempo in Audacity. If you install the ffmpeg source plugin for Audacity it can read the audio directly from your A/V file. And save it with whatever compression you want. You'll still have to use another program to mux the new audio with the video.

Some players have the ability to do it while playing a video. VLC, for example.
    Last edited by jagabo; 19th Aug 2013 at 06:49.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I hear what your both saying about Audacity, but as that is just an Audio program, I have to split the sound of and add it back in.

Technically it is obviously possible to have a program work directly on an .MP4 and speed/slow that file whilst maintaining excellent Audio Pitch quality as the Makers of MySpeed (Enounce) have a product that does just that with a level of quality that I have never seen in any Video Editing software, which is really surprising.

So if technically it is possible to just work directly with the .MP4 then I'm wondering if anyone knows of a video editing tool that can achieve my goal?

I show an example of MySpeed in the video I originally posted.

Regards,
    Dave
    Quote Quote  
  5. Vegas Movie Studio (or any serious NLE)
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have tried Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Searched for Tutorials which I followed and still no Joy with this problem.

I don't understand why a Simple Video Playback system "Enounce MySpeed" can get it so right, but expensive video editing tools Pale in their ability to speed up a video while maintaining audio quality.

I included a video example that I sent to one of the Tutorial Experts.

Maybe this gives a clue and more understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50AGbrOJZPs

This video shows a comparison of ENounce MySpeed vs Sony Vegas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 99techguru View Post
    I don't understand why a Simple Video Playback system "Enounce MySpeed" can get it so right, but expensive video editing tools Pale in their ability to speed up a video while maintaining audio quality.
    For the same reason a horse and buggy can't run on gas.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by 99techguru View Post
    Maybe this gives a clue and more understanding.
    No one cares, I don't, anyway. You have already been told how to do it yet you keep arguing. You'd have been done by now. What is so hard about stretching the audio and then remuxing? Why are you even asking (and then ignoring the good advice given) when you think you already know of a better way to do it?
    Last edited by manono; 21st Aug 2013 at 02:47.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm pretty sure Vegas' default behavior when changing the speed of of a clip is to maintain the pitch of the audio. 99techguru is probably just a spammer.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Last edited by Pastelix; 27th Aug 2013 at 01:40. Reason: Added link to product web site
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hope u get this message. It is so easy to do in Vegas your head will spin. All you do is hold down the CTRL key they grab the edge of the video on timeline and drag it longer or shorter. It will slow down or speed as as you like and it will maintain the pitch perfectly.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote  
  12. @duhmez, you're right, but he's a spammer -- don't waste your breath.
    Quote Quote