VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a old that had a trouble in the HDMI port because the picture was made a little transparent red as it was red dirt on the screen. I figured out it is the HDMI port that is bad when it is not give any sound anymore but lagging. In pc mode the screen is perfect. But what cable do i need to get sound from PC to TV? I tried a cable from PC to the stereo Aux but it did not work in the Tv's rca.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HDMI carries both audio and video. You probably need to set up the PC to send digital audio to the TV using HDMI. Which Windows operating system does your PC run?

[Edit]Audio and video are sent together using the same pins on the HDMI connector. If the HDMI port was broken then there would be no picture and no audio.

[Edit 2] If you already tried setting up the PC to send audio via HDMI and that didn't work... The Sagem Axium HD-L32T TV is a very old model. I found a review for that model written in 2006. After 16 years, some of the electronic elements inside may be failing.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Sep 2022 at 10:55.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a old but powerfull Dell T3500 with a Nvidia Quadro Fx 5300 card. The HDMI on the Tv works fine for picture but the sound only lagging. The hdmi cable is whole and new. I don't know if the Dell T3500 can deleiver hmdi with my graphic card.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OldSchool297 View Post
    I have a old but powerfull Dell T3500 with a Nvidia Quadro Fx 5300 card. The HDMI on the Tv works fine for picture but the sound only lagging. The hdmi cable is whole and new. I don't know if the Dell T3500 can deleiver hmdi with my graphic card.
    Your computer was powerful in the mid-2000s but not anymore.

The Nvidia Quadro Fx 5300 card has a DVI port and a VGA port but no HDMI ports. There are 2 ways to connect your computer to your TV for video and one way to connect your PC for sound.

[Attachment 67019 - Click to enlarge]

1, A DVI to HDMI adapter or a DVI to HDMI cable can connect your computer to the TV's HDMI in connection (labeled 3 on the diagram above).
    2. A VGA cable can be used to connect your computer's VGA out to the TV's VGA in connection (labeled 4 on the diagram above).

Neither VGA nor DVI can provide audio. You need to use the PC's Audio Line Out to supply audio to the TV. If your PC is already connected to speakers, disconnect them. Connect the green Audio Line Out port on the PC to the TV's Audio In port (labeled 5 on the diagram above). To do that, you need a 3.5MM audio cable with male 3.5 mm connectors on both ends.

Finally, your PC's resolution needs to be set to 1366x768 and its audio out needs to be enabled.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the detailed help. Will try. I doubt the tv is the best. In vista with Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 i get the Screen to look like this

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the detailed help. Will try. I doubt the tv is the best. In vista with Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 i get the Screen to look like this

Did your Axium HD-L32T TV's ever display a good picture when using its HDMI port to connect any other devices that are not PCs (for example, a DVD player with an HDMI port)?

In pc mode the screen is perfect. But what cable do i need to get sound from PC to TV? I tried a cable from PC to the stereo Aux but it did not work in the Tv's rca.
    Do you mean that your Sagem Axium HD-L32T TV provides a perfect picture when connected to your PC using VGA? If the answer is yes. then just use VGA to connect the PC to the TV. For audio, use a 3.5MM audio cable with male 3.5 mm connectors on both ends to connect the green Audio Line Out port on the PC to the TV's Audio In port (labeled 5 on the diagram I posted above). VGA is not a terrible choice if you are connecting an older PC to a TV instead of a monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried to connect HDMI from my old Gigabyte Geforce GTX660 windforce 2gb and i got 1280/1024 at max with 60hz, all other above can ony be 25-30hz. It can show some red lines sometimes, like transparent with red lines around. I tried to change the Red color from 0 to -26 and i think it become a little better. Do i need to change much colors when using it as computer screen? It must be different from using it as Tv. I use Windows 8.1 pro.
    Quote Quote