Frame rate : 41.667 FPS (1152 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -432 ms
    Stream size : 150 MiB (4%)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alkhan View Post
    The video recording extension is- TS - but not playing ! black screen same when streeming
    But when I play the recorded video on the computer, it works and I can watch the recording by video programs such as (vlc)
    Thank you for posting the MediaInfo report. I read through it. The MediaInfo report shows the recording was encoded as AVC/H.264, not HEVC/H.265. The video does use 4:2:2 chroma subsampling, but MediaInfo reports the bit depth is 8-bit, not 10-bit. The recorded video is HD (1920x1080) with a frame rate of 25 fps, not UHD (3840x2160). The overall bitrate is 10.5 Mb/s The MediaInfo report says the scan type is MBAFF. I'm guessing that the video is actually progressive rather than interlaced.

PCs are able to play more types of video using software players than the built-in media players in TVs, Blu-ray players, satellite receivers, and other hardware-based media players can play. When you played recordings made by the satellite receiver using something other than a computer, did you use the TV's built-in media player or the satellite receiver's built-in media player?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Outside of computers support for decompressing 4:2:2 AVC is rare.
    Last edited by jagabo; 15th Sep 2022 at 21:32.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Outside of computers support for decompressing 4:2:2 AVC is rare.
    In that case, a different TV isn't likely to fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, he'll need a new player. My Chromecast with Google TV will play 4:2:2 AVC. It does play 8 and 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC. But I don't know about 4:2:2 HEVC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, he'll need a new player. My Chromecast with Google TV will play 4:2:2 AVC. It does play 8 and 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC. But I don't know about 4:2:2 HEVC.
    I have never had any video files like anything in your post above to test playback with my Chromecast with Google TV.

If neither the satellite receiver nor the TV can decompress 4:2:2 AVC but a Chromecast With Google TV can play that type of video, it would be a relatively inexpensive solution. (It sells for $40 to $50 in the USA.) I wonder if the Chromecast with Google TV is readily available to someone living in the UAE?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Sep 2022 at 22:56. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  7. TV signal format
    • Satellite TV: DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-S2X
    • IPTV: M3U, Stalker Portal, XSTREAM, Android APP

• Video decoder: H.265(HEVC) 10bit, H.264(AVC, MVC), MPEG1/2/4

FORMAT T2-MI MULTISTREAM
    Free satellite channels broadcasting in the new format T2-MI MULTISTREAM

A question arises. Is there an encoder from hdmi port between the receiver and the TV to solve the problem ?
    Last edited by alkhan; 15th Sep 2022 at 23:59.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TV signal format
    • Satellite TV: DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-S2X
    • IPTV: M3U, Stalker Portal, XSTREAM, Android APP

• Video decoder: H.265(HEVC) 10bit, H.264(AVC, MVC), MPEG1/2/4

FORMAT T2-MI MULTISTREAM
    Free satellite channels broadcasting in the new format T2-MI MULTISTREAM

A question arises. Is there an encoder from hdmi port between the receiver and the TV to solve the problem ?
    At least we now know what the problem is.

The manual for your TV says that if an HDMI connection supplies 2160p50 or 2160p60 input with either 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 chroma subsampling, it is possible to turn on HDMI UHD Color and watch the video. The TV can't be configured to display 1080p25 video with 4:2:2 chroma subsampling or even 2160p25 video with 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.

It appears that your satellite receiver doesn't automatically convert 1080p25 4:2:2 AVC video from T2-MI Multistream channels to 2160p50 4:2:2 for output over HDMI, which it needs to do for display by your TV. I have no access to a manual for your satellite receiver or the receiver itself to find out if it is possible to force the kind of output that your TV requires.

Cheap video upscalers don't change the video frame rate and can only process video with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling. You will need a more expensive professional or semi-professional device. I'm still looking for one.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I think that this type of video streaming 4:2:2 needs high-quality graphics cards to play it, and TVs cannot play the video except for the sound, knowing that I played the recorded material in a (vlc) app for android on the satellite device, and it actually played the material, but the image was cut and frozen
    Quote Quote  
  10. The encoding of the video and what's transmitted over HDMI have nothing to do with each other. Devices will convert the decompressed video to whatever color format is needed/specified by the HDMI setting. In all likelihood what's happening here is the STB can't decode the 4:2:2 AVC or 4:2:2 HEVC and is sending a black picture out over HDMI.
    Quote Quote  
  11. maybe,, But in the specifications of the device it is mentioned that (Video decoder: H.265(HEVC) 10bit, H.264(AVC, MVC)

Also, I am still surprised that what I am recording, I can watch it on my computer. This indicates that the device decodes when receiving the broadcast, but the problem is when sending the video to the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by alkhan View Post
    maybe,, But in the specifications of the device it is mentioned that (Video decoder: H.265(HEVC) 10bit, H.264(AVC, MVC)
    It doesn't say anything about supporting 4:2:2 encoding. Broadcast has until recently been only 4:2:0 encoded.

Also, I am still surprised that what I am recording, I can watch it on my computer. This indicates that the device decodes when receiving the broadcast, but the problem is when sending the video to the TV.
    No. It simply means device saved the transport stream it received to a file. It doesn't mean the device has any idea how to decode it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @alkhan The video and audio in the satellite broadcast have to be decoded by your satellite receiver to produce an HDMI signal. It is reasonable to expect that the satellite receiver should indeed be able to do that for the video and audio in T2-MI broadcasts because the seller describes it as supporting T2-MI broadcasts.

Sadly, it is possible that both you and I may be wrong about what the seller meant when it claimed the satellite receiver supports T2-MI broadcasts. The seller may feel that the ability to tune T2-MI channels and record them equals support.
    Quote Quote  
  14. It should be easy to test if the receiver can decode 4:2:2 encoded video. Force the HDMI output to YUV 4:2:0 or RGB. If you have a good picture it means the receiver was able to decode the 4:2:2 video.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It should be easy to test if the receiver can decode 4:2:2 encoded video. Force the HDMI output to YUV 4:2:0 or RGB. If you have a good picture it means the receiver was able to decode the 4:2:2 video.
    It is worth a try, but to display either 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 via HDMI, the HDMI UHD Color setting must be turned on. The setting is only available for 2160p50 or 2160p60 input.

Older Samsung TVs provide an easy way to check the resolution and frame rate being received via HDMI. They have an Info button on their remote that displays the resolution and frame rate for the HDMI signal currently being displayed. However, there is no such button on the smart remote for alkhan's Samsung TV and I can't find another way to activate this feature in the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It should be easy to test if the receiver can decode 4:2:2 encoded video. Force the HDMI output to YUV 4:2:0 or RGB. If you have a good picture it means the receiver was able to decode the 4:2:2 video.
    It is worth a try, but to display either 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 via HDMI, the HDMI UHD Color setting must be turned on. The setting is only available for 2160p50 or 2160p60 input.
    He can force the STB to output anything the TV can display. If he gets a picture it indicates the STB can decompress 4:2:2 encoded video.
    Quote Quote  
  17. In the list appears support for ycbcr444 10bit ithink this top support for 8k But when I choose it it tells me there is no support !
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just because a list says, supports

A, B, C size
    A, B, C color
    A, B, C framerate

Does not mean that it supports all combinations, like CCC. There are bandwidth constraints and chip processing speed & memory constraints, and that might mean you max out at ABC, or BCA, BAC, CBA, CAB...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  19. Yesterday, I downloaded an application on STB, which is somewhat better than VLC, but the stuttering is less, but there is a slowdown,
    Last edited by alkhan; 19th Sep 2022 at 07:23.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by alkhan View Post
    In the list appears support for ycbcr444 10bit ithink this top support for 8k But when I choose it it tells me there is no support !
    Why would you expect your old 4K TV to accept 8K as input?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    In the list appears support for ycbcr444 10bit ithink this top support for 8k But when I choose it it tells me there is no support !
    Why would you expect your old 4K TV to accept 8K as input?
    Not that, but I mean that the device supports a purpose 8K 4:4:4, so it is easy to support 4K 4:2:2
    Quote Quote  
  22. And again, the problems isn't in the output. It's the input. The device can't decompress 4:2:2 encoded video so it can't send it to the HDMI output.
    Quote Quote