VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    When my TV is on all day without interruption....by the evening the volume is about half of what is was in the morning.
    When I turn the TV off, then back on again....the original volume is restored.

Is there an audio setting I'm missing that needs to be turned off?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nope.....it's not "per channel" .....it's the overall TV volume.
    In the evenings I need to crank the volume up to 27 to get to my normal listening level for my ears....WAY too many numbers.
    Turn off the TV, turn it back on and the 27 is SCREAMING loud....back down to my normal 10 to 15 numbers......any channel.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Could it be your ears?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No....I need reading glasses but my ears are still OK

It's almost as if the audio is tied to some sort of Sleep Timer type of feature/setting.
    I can't find any kind of Sleep Timer kind of setting.

Sometimes when the TV sits without ANY activity, it will give an on-screen warning that "due to inactivity, it will turn off in ** minutes"....but I never notice any change in volume when I see that warning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is this a new "feature" or has it always done it? How old is the TV?
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Manual ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Panasonic TX-39FW334
    Yes I've read the ******* manual.
    Yes I've cruised through the TV's dizzying array of settings for HOURS but
    either I can't see a setting or I simply don't understand the terms used in the setting descriptions.
    Had the TV since October 2019
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's an auto setting where the volume adjusts and does it's own thing,ive had that issue with my sony receiver where it's very quiet when i turn it on and the volume ramps ups up after awhile.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Could it be your ears?

Scott

This is not so off the wall as it might appear.

I am no doctor but I have had some, quite serious, ear issues. Net result of which I required an operation and now, as a result of that, I have no hearing in one ear at all.

But you say that this occurs later in the day. Just what if you did have a health issue which impairs your hearing yet on the next day, after sufficient rest, you can hear normally for some hours. No harm in talking it through with your doctor.

But back to my original response and that just above. 'Smart' tvs are known to adjust volume if they sense it higher than what was set. So your volume control does not alter. The setting I referred to, if your tv has it, is, I believe, there to over-ride that smart adjustment and 'lock' the volume to your preference.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It's the turning it off and on again that temporarily "fixes" it that makes me think it's a fault in the TV? If it was new when you bought it, it should (I imagine) still be under warranty? I'd get in touch with the manufacturers and see what they've got to say.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TimA-C View Post
    It's the turning it off and on again that temporarily "fixes" it that makes me think it's a fault in the TV? If it was new when you bought it, it should (I imagine) still be under warranty? I'd get in touch with the manufacturers and see what they've got to say.
    I agree.....it's either an obscure, buried setting OR just cheap outsourced(audio) components that heat up too much.
    Panasonic TVs are pretty damn popular, I was just hoping someone else came across this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Panasonic are also big enough to have a Worldwide reputation to uphold . . . If you're on (un)social media I'd try contacting them through that and see what they say?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked for a firmware update?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Figured it out.....sort of.
    Both my cable box and my Blu Ray player are connected via HDMI(obviously).
    When switched from cable box to Blu Ray......then switching BACK to cable box....the audio is almost halved.
    Turning the TV off then on again restores the normal/original volume.
    Quote Quote