VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so basically i have a video that is 700mb avi file. when i try to burn it as a dvd it says for some reason im going over the 4.7 gb. so i decided to burn it as a vcd. so i split the vid in half and burned. it took about 40 mins to transcode the video and audio and then burned it. but when i put it in a dvd player it just has the clouds background and theme with a little box but i cant click it to play the movie. i tried 3 diff dvd players and i hit play and use the arrows and nothing. im not even sure if the actual movie just burned or what. ive been trying to get this done for like a week. if anyone has any idea what i did wrong please let me know. thanks

i just checked the mpegav and there is a 400 mb file in there. so the movie did burn but how do i make it clickable to actually play. im using sonic my dvd version 4.5 btw.

ok so i just clicked a title/pbc button on the remote and it seemed to work. i guess this thread is now pointless lol..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't waste your time. VCD is limited to 74 - 80 minutes, is low resolution and low quality.

Turn it into a DVD, but use better software.

FAVC will easily convert a 700 MB AVI file into a DVD, probably at the same quality as it is now.

Learn how to do it properly, and you wont have to settle for a second rate solution.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may be able to play the AVI file as-is. Just burn it as data, to a CD to DVD, and see what the player makes of it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i ended up using a program callled allvideo2disc for the second half and i was able to keep it in widescreen and the quality is good. first half i used sonic mydvd but atleast its done and is watchable.
    Quote Quote