VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a DVD made from an old VHS, the video in the DVD is inside a VIDEO_TS folder with a bunch .vob files, the problem is that the video freezes, sometimes the audio freezes, sometimes both, I tried converting a small piece of the DVD video to MPEG with VLC record function then I demultiplexed it in two streams with TMPGEnc, and the video stream no longer freezes, so I guess what I want to do is demultiplex the entire DVD into video and audio and then multiplex it to fix de audio and video freezes, can I do this with an app? or should I convert the DVD first to another format like MPEG and then demultiplex it? Any help is appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it freeze because the disk is in poor shape. For example, scratches? Are you able to copy the video_ts folder to the hard drive?
    If so, does it play properly from there?
    Last edited by davexnet; 1st Mar 2018 at 19:51. Reason: type
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Does it freeze because the disk is in poor shape. For example, scratches? Are you able tom copy the video_ts folder to the hard drive?
    If so, does it play properly from there?
    Hi, Yes I copied the DVD as an ISO file to the hard drive, I mounted it as a virtual DVD, and opened it with VLC, the same freezing appears, this freeze as I said is fixed when I divide the audio and video streams
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want to create a file that you can play on your PC/external media player, or do you want to create
    a working dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want to create a file that you can play on your PC/external media player, or do you want to create
    a working dvd?
    I want a file to play on the PC and Mobile Phones, a MP4 might be right for this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may be able to get away with having to go to the trouble of demuxing the streams. Perhaps use vob2mpg and create a mpg file from the video_ts
    folder, then encode the mpg to mp4, using vidcoder, handbrake, etc, etc
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you want to demux the assets followed by reauthoring the DVD, open the DVD IFO for the movie (not the ISO) in PGCDemux. Get the video, audio, and Celltimes.txt for the chapters.

Follow that by opening the M2V video file, the AC3 audio (if it's AC3) and the Celltimes.txt file in Muxman and reauthor to DVD. Test it out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may be able to get away with having to go to the trouble of demuxing the streams. Perhaps use vob2mpg and create a mpg file from the video_ts
    That sounds very straightforward, do you think the freezing will not be present after the convertion to mpg? and if it still present, I could demux it after the first convertion to mpeg right?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Danilux View Post
    That sounds very straightforward, do you think the freezing will not be present after the convertion to mpg? and if it still present, I could demux it after the first convertion to mpeg right?
    Try it first.It's possible vob2mpg may barf, but don't know until you try.

Otherwise have a look at manono's excellent instructions above re: demux and possible DVD recreation.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Danilux View Post
    Try it first.It's possible vob2mpg may barf, but don't know until you try.

Otherwise have a look at manono's excellent instructions above re: demux and possible DVD recreation.
    Thank you so much, you were so helpful and kind
    Quote Quote