VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been visiting this site for quite some time as a lurker and I finally became a member not too long ago. I enjoy this place very much. Thanks to all who work to make it happen! Baldrick I hope that you are turning a profit. I think that you deserve it. If it is a labor of love, then thanks even more. I must admit that my primary reason for returning so often is for entertainment.(Even education on such an obscure subject as video is considered entertainment in my book. it is a hobby for most so therefore I think entertainment) I regret that I don't have much to offer in the line of the true core purpose of this site(video conversion and burning and such) but I do find myself jumping in on some of the more frivolous or off topic post.

Kind of in in relation to the subject line I used to lure you to this post I have a few suggestions. Far be it for me to tell you what to do and you can tell me to kiss off if you like but here are some of my thoughts anyways.

Spellcheck: (on the post message form) I don't know if it is possible or feasible but I think that it could help clear up some miscomunication, help with the multinational membership and keep me from screeming to my wife "Hey how do you spell...?"(Yes I do own a dictionary and that is part of why my long winded replies take so long to type out.)

Just for fun links: Again I don't know how or if it can be done, but I do enjoy the occasional link to games or puzzles that I come across from time to time. If something like this were in their own forum it could be lots of fun. I really liked the "how far can you walk drunk" deal.(see I told you I only come here for entertainment)

Illustrations: I know that this a site were members are suposed to supply the answers. But an official help link that had drawings or photos of such things as simple cable conections, wiring diagrams, flow charts or even a simple illustrated guide on how to best search this site could be greatly helpful to many of us less than technically minded.(I know that many of the top dogs would have no use for this, but there alot of newbies that wouldn't even have to post a question if they could see what a USB or a Firewire cable looked like to start with.

Etiquette and protocol: I know that my humor can change from dry to sinister in the same sentence and I don't often use smilies or wink winks when I should and profanity doesn't bother me, but an introdution to the world of online behavior might be a good guide to have some kind of link to. I know that it isn't the job of videohelp to teach everything but touching on it lightly might not be a bad idea and help prevent some misunderstandings or faux pas.

AUP: I aint't wanting any more rules for anyone and I understand that the rules have a purpose and I think that I understand most of the rules and reasons for them. But (Oh boy here it comes) It seems kind of weak. That is the way that they are presented. I mean with the replies after the rules. I can't quite put my finger on it. But maybe the rules should be presented and the consequences for breaking the rules listed right there. Boom. No arguement. I mean that it is great that this site is this so open but a more clear or solid set of rules, whether or they are strictly enforced or not, seem to be in order. And yet leave the discretion to the powers that be.

I don't know if it can legally be explained about the nuances of talking about warez or copying verses back ups but it could help. Learning this seems like a long painful subject for some. If it could be spelled out more clearly it might save some trouble. I understand that this is a touchy subject but think that it may be worth review.

Well, thanks for reading down this far. I welcome all comments and critique. I didn't intend to add to anyones work load or insult anyone. Unless I am banned for dragging this out I will see you around.
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    KISS OFF!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Good ideas. I want a spell check on preview

Welcome to the forum Zapper! If you
    get a chance and you can afford it
    please consider donating.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Spellcheck: If you use Internet Explorer for a browser, take a look at IEspell, a small freeware program that runs in the IE toolbar. Easy way to check spelling. http://www.iespell.com/

Welcome aboard!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Spell check! That would keep me from having to have Word open in the background to check some of those tough words. Would save some time on multiple previews too!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about a page listing on the main page for topics that are more than one page, so we can immediately get to the latest post(s)?

Example:

How do i get my questions answered on these forums
    [ Goto page: 1, 2, 3 ]
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    How about a page listing on the main page for topics that are more than one page, so we can immediately get to the latest post(s)?

Example:

How do i get my questions answered on these forums
    [ Goto page: 1, 2, 3 ]
    click on the
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have a new suggestion. How about a "Hilghlight" function?
    Mabe different colors or maybe just black.

Here is an example of a black highlight, cool if you want to hide movie endings and stuff.

Thanks
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    KISS OFF!!!
    Ding, ding, ding....WINNAR!!!!!!

makntraks
    In the theater of the mind...
    It's always good to know where the exits are...
    Quote Quote