VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Which is better in terms of quality, speed, and features?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    ConvertXtoDVD is usually thought to be faster, but with slightly less visual quality output than AVStoDVD when using the HC encoder and a two pass encode in AVStoDVD.

AVStoDVD's main weakness is in menu creation, where it isn't all that versatile, lacking submenus for chapters for example. Personally, I couldn't care less about menus most of the time, but they are necessary when making a DVD with several videos as input.

AVStoDVD is free, and here at Videohelp.com, they have a thread for troubleshooting, so the support is very, very good. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread So, this is an advantage that ConvertX cannot match.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Are all DVD's 480p? Sorry for the noobie question.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. are you shure that AVS is worse in the 2 pass HCencoding as XtoDVD ?? xtodvd has a 2-pass encoding too. The main let down I see in xtodvd is that they are limited to 192 kb/s AC3 when you encode a Stereo video file. There is also no prossibility to chose a custom audio bitrate.
    AVS hasn't got AC3 at all and just uses MP2 which is also pretty bad I think.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i have been encoding years and i have used both convertxtodvd and avstodvd and avstodvd is by far the better quality encoder
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    i have been encoding years and i have used both convertxtodvd and avstodvd and avstodvd is by far the better quality encoder
    Could you please discribe that a bit more. For example for what files exactley it is better. For example if I convert some live stream recordings which would be H264/1280x720p/25fps/3500Kbps. to a regular DVD.:
    Do you really think that AVS would have a better quality ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. SORRY GUYS I totally mixed something up. There is another software out there which also calls themselves AVS. this one is utter shit compared to the real AVS which seems to be still as awesome as in the old days and it supports AC3 and everything I need. Okay I stay with it then CHEERS GUYS
    Quote Quote