VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys hi,

I am a beginner in Premiere Pro. I started adding captions to my video, but i want to embed these subtitles in the video permanently.

I mean i want them to be a part of the video. Font style and size determined by me. Not by the video player. This way, when i put it on Youtube, no need for turning on and off the subtitles. They will be on the video itself anyways.

How do i do this? Ty.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Somewhere i read adding titles works this way but it takes forever to edit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's it sir, however the captions font style is so useless and seems like no way to change it. Can't even modify font size. So those subtitles will be useless to burn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps take a look at the EZTitles plug-in, or use tools outside of Premiere (any re-encoder that accepts a styled subtitle file).
    Advanced SubStation Alpha (.ass) could be used as subtitle format, but there are workflows that work well with other formats.
    I’d do such a conversion with ffmpeg, but others use different tools. What you’re familiar with, usually works best.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case View Post
    Perhaps take a look at the EZTitles plug-in, or use tools outside of Premiere (any re-encoder that accepts a styled subtitle file).
    Advanced SubStation Alpha (.ass) could be used as subtitle format, but there are workflows that work well with other formats.
    I’d do such a conversion with ffmpeg, but others use different tools. What you’re familiar with, usually works best.
    Let me check it man. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote