VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YouTube-DL is supposed to be able to do it but it fails with YouTube-DLG or other GUI/frontends with the latest YouTube-DL executable. Every browser extension I've tried, which claims to be able to download from BYUtv, has failed. At best I get one still image "video". Usually just an error message that it can't do it.

The BYUtv Android app can download for local playback but stuffs all the videos into an encrypted file named org.byutv.android.data

I just want to watch Dwight in Shining Armor on a big TV that has a PC without internet access connected to it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
    YouTube-DL is supposed to be able to do it but it fails with YouTube-DLG or other GUI/frontends with the latest YouTube-DL executable. Every browser extension I've tried, which claims to be able to download from BYUtv, has failed. At best I get one still image "video". Usually just an error message that it can't do it.

The BYUtv Android app can download for local playback but stuffs all the videos into an encrypted file named org.byutv.android.data

I just want to watch Dwight in Shining Armor on a big TV that has a PC without internet access connected to it.
    If your talking about https://www.byutv.org video's they are DRM protected so you cant download them.
    Last edited by ChezBompaLawijt; 31st Jan 2020 at 04:12.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
    When did youtube-dl stop working? I remember youtube-dl working on the Dwight thing some months ago.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What and how did you do?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Im using version demo and cannot download. 'demo limited'
    I used Tubedigger and downloaded a video from that website no problem. You buy the software ($15) to remove the demo limit.
    Mega link to video (I chose 960X540):
    https://mega.nz/#!kLQDwIxT!sCIUqbKTdfpd6U15RK_gCK3VFa_WTwEFqufsuzhkhzI
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kingcan007 View Post
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Im using version demo and cannot download. 'demo limited'
    I used Tubedigger and downloaded a video from that website no problem. You buy the software ($15) to remove the demo limit.
    The video was downloaded from ByuTV? I need download video from hulu.com, globaltv.com
    Asking about downloading from hulu.com or any paid subscription site is against forum rules:

"Warez rules

What is warez? Obtained movies/tv-series/tv-shows/software either through download, torrent, etc that breaks the copyright.

Do NOT talk about warez releases
    Like filenames Movie.2012.DVDSCR.X264.AAC.P2P.mkv. Please don't download warez movie/tv releases.

Do NOT talk about copying rented/subscription material
    You are not allowed to rip/copy/record rented video. It includes streaming rented/subscribed video like netflix, itunes, hulu plus, etc."
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Asking ...
    Nobody asked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    The video was downloaded from ByuTV?
    Tubedigger does not remove any drm. ByuTV has both hls and dash Uplynk streams.

Tubedigger simply selects the hls, which has no drm.
    Quote Quote  
  9. try use ffmpeg
    example _https://www.byutv.org/player/8bceb2eb-9659-4db8-870e-6ccba60221d1/dwight-in-shining-armor-alban-elfed-day
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video was downloaded from ByuTV? I need download video from hulu.com, globaltv.com
    Asking about downloading from hulu.com or any paid subscription site is against forum rules:

"Warez rules

What is warez? Obtained movies/tv-series/tv-shows/software either through download, torrent, etc that breaks the copyright.

Do NOT talk about warez releases
    Like filenames Movie.2012.DVDSCR.X264.AAC.P2P.mkv. Please don't download warez movie/tv releases.

Do NOT talk about copying rented/subscription material
    You are not allowed to rip/copy/record rented video. It includes streaming rented/subscribed video like netflix, itunes, hulu plus, etc."
    BYUtv is free
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    When did youtube-dl stop working? I remember youtube-dl working on the Dwight thing some months ago.
    The supported sites listing has BYUtv listed as compatible sometime in 2019. Apparently they changed something on the site.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hulu.com com is a subscription site. Anyway, reported and the mods haven't done anything.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Hulu.com com is a subscription site. Anyway, reported and the mods haven't done anything.
    This thread is about BYUtv, a free site. One relatively new member made one post with an extraneous mention of another service. That mention was within a declarative sentence, not an interrogative sentence. There was no inquiry and all subsequent posts have veered back to the original topic.

Yet you come along, as you have numerous times before, and demand that the entire thread be locked. Your entire participation in this sub-forum has no substance, but is merely only to voice your broad interpretation of the forum rules.

A more communitarian approach might have been to ask the new member to remove the extraneous mention of the other service, so that the discussion of the free service would not be ruined.

It is clear that there is no substantive discussion about hulu in this thread. All of the substantive discussion is about the free service BYUtv.

Yet, you probably will get your wish, as you have numerous times before, and this thread will be locked shortly. Congratulations!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chapun67 View Post
    try use ffmpeg
    example _https://www.byutv.org/player/8bceb2eb-9659-4db8-870e-6ccba60221d1/dwight-in-shining-armor-alban-elfed-day
    Details please. Just saying you did it with a screenshot that doesn't show what was entered at the command line is like handing car keys to a person who has never driven and saying "Here's how you go to the store."
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone? Still haven't found anything that can get these.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone? Still haven't found anything that can get these.
    you try youtube ?? - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dwight+in+Shining+Armor+
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All that's on there are the pilot and episodes 1, 3, and 4 from season 3.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All that's on there are the pilot and episodes 1, 3, and 4 from season 3.
    the videos are now DRM protected so download is not yet possible.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's DRM protected, you might try to screen recording the show.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    it's DRM protected, you might try to screen recording the show.
    I have an HDMI out cable for my phone and a Roxio GameCap HD Pro. The episodes can be downloaded with the BYUtv app, where they all get stuffed into one big data file. If that works it'll take forever, just like recording off analog tape.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Does tubedigger no longer work? It was reported as working on 2020.01.31.

Notwithstanding the fact that the web player defaults to a drm source, other platforms (besides the web) can access a non-drm source. At least this was the case back in January.

Tubedigger was able to request the alternate non-drm source for this site back in January. If it no longer works, then the alternate non-drm source must no longer be available.
    Last edited by ponens; 28th Aug 2020 at 04:22.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Everything is working.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Does tubedigger no longer work?
    Example

Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by sysanin View Post
    Does tubedigger no longer work?
    Example

please help download two files

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=975687&st=1560#entry96285812

RM2100_3.4.3.9S-101.zip
    RM2100_3.4.3.9S-101_9086f78.zip
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sysanin View Post
    Does tubedigger no longer work?
    Example

Just tried the trial, says not supported.
    Quote Quote