VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone,
    i have a satellite decoder given to me by my provider (i watch mostly football)
    I have a avermedia 727 capture card and a splitter HDMI (the one that takes off the HDCP, as seen in another thread)
    Yesterday the provider sent an update, and since then the screen has false colours, mostly pink and green (what should be blue is green, what should be red is pink)
    If you only attach the television, the screen is ok, but if you attach the avermedia card, BOTH screen turn green and pink, and even with only the card, it's still pink and green!
    It was working fine until the decoder update !! Whats this and how can i bypass it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	green pink.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	41780
    Last edited by Bruces; 31st May 2017 at 19:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Not really unfortunately...
    my problem is not sporadic, and i tried even with the card disconnected from the pc... as soon as i plug the HDMI in the avermedia card, the television becomes green and pink. But if i put both exits of the splitter on different channels of the TV, they both work fine!
    So the problem would appear to be that the update of the DVR created some issues of compatibilty with the avermedia card!
    Do someone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
    i tried even with the card disconnected from the pc... as soon as i plug the HDMI in the avermedia card, the television becomes green and pink.
    What? You have the card sitting outside of the PC, completely unpowered, and it still mucks up the TV image when you connect a cable to it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
    i tried even with the card disconnected from the pc... as soon as i plug the HDMI in the avermedia card, the television becomes green and pink.
    What? You have the card sitting outside of the PC, completely unpowered, and it still mucks up the TV image when you connect a cable to it?
    exactly.. weird isn't it?? but the weirdest thing is that it started after a software update on the Satellite DVR and i know it's not a coincidence because last month same thing happened and they changed my DVR... but after a month of everything working perfectly, software (or firmware) comes and screws everything up!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hopefully someone electrically-inclined can chime in.

But given that my issue only came up when using YCbCr output, I would suggest checking to see whether the firmware update changed a setting in your DVR HDMI Output options to a different value. Particularly whether you can switch between YCbCr vs RGB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try doing a factory restore / reset on the
    Satellite decoder box.
    Quote Quote