VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ripped Heartbreakers with smartripper, frameserved with dvd2avi and vfapi to TMPGENC, encoded using SVCD NTSC Film profile (Forced film in dvd2avi). Followed Sefys guide for the most part, am an experienced DivX ripper, just breaking into SVCD, so i sorta know the ropes...sorta. Finished encode (36 hours, 2pass VBR). Plays fine, video looks great, sounds good..but about halfway through you start to notice the sync problems, gets worse as you go on. At the end of the movie it's at least a few seconds behind. Almost like the video is playing too fast or something...Any ideas...or should I just redo it and encode the audio/video seperately and mux it later? Also, would TeleCine help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ^404ErRoR^ on 2001-10-23 06:18:17 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you preview the vobs in dvd2avi first? If it isnt %95 or higher film then force film wont work.

My guess is that you enabled force film when you shouldnt have, in which case you just converted from ntsc to ntsc film which will almost certainly cause sync problems.

If it was %95 or higher film and you did enable force film then you should first demux in TMPGenc and remux in bbmpeg. This is the only program which I have ever seen which creates truly svcd compliant mpgs.

Also what program did you use to view the finished mpg? Not all software viewers recognize the 3:2 pulldown that ntsc film svcds have, which causes desync.

You may want to try burning that svcd on cdrw and playing it on your dvd player. There is a chance that all your desync issues will not be present.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply...DVD2AVI gave 97% film. After encoding, I noticed the sync problem (played the same in both PowerDVD 3 and WinDVD 3). Tried demuxing in TMPG and remuxing with bbmpeg, but got the same problem. I don't think it's a 3:2 pulldown issue as *i think* that this would be a LOT worse (ie 75 mins video 110 mins audio). I'm thinking that encoders that do both sound and audio at the same time don't work too well with sync. Have previously, and consistently, had the same exact issue with FlaskMPEG doing audio/video in the same pass, as well as with Nandub. I'm going to rerip and encode audio/video seperately, then mux with bbmpeg. Hopefully that'll work...any other suggestions that might solve this with less work, post here or email 404@gotroot.ca
    Quote Quote  
  4. i'd say you know the score....encoding both video & audio in the same operation is just begging for problems.
    Quote Quote