VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Yo guys!

Just a quick question, I'm playing video files that are in resolution 704x396 (16:9) and I'm trying to play them on my 4:3 TV, and well as you guessed it quite a lot of it is cropped off, at this computer that I'm "streaming" from still uses a 4:3 CRT screen and the video files appear normally on them, not cut or anything, is there a way to achieve this on my TV monitor as well? If you need any more information about the computer or TV let me know.

using BSPlayer with FFDShow
    Quote Quote  
  2. For ATI:
    Go to Display Properties->Settings->Advanced->Displays and click on TV,there should be a cursor pad where you can adjust the screen.

For nVidia use TVTool:
    http://majorgeeks.com/TV_Tool_d403.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hmm could you tell me what needs to be done in TV Tool? tried everything that makes sense in this case but no effect...
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK nevermind about that just please tell me how to revert everything! Now it shows some of the subs but mostly they are just missing...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try GOMPlayer,it can be optimized for TV viewing.
    TIP:don't use fullscreen with any player because your TV will overscan.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I removed TVTool since it did something that I could not even watch movies on my monitor, i just have to adjust the colors and stuff for the TV and I'll be ready, for some reason while reinstalling the graphics card (even with the uninstall of tvtool the setting stayed so I had to remove 'em) everything works fine, even the 16:9 and such is not a problem anymore...
    Quote Quote