VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i was recording a movie using Mirillis Action! , and when it finished , it was 14.4gb (gigabytes). My dvds can only hold 8gb , but i need to burn this to a dvd. When i try to convert it to WMV , mp4 , ect windows movie maker cant read it. It just says : windows movie maker cant read this.

Im using a windows 7 computer .
    The movie is in .avi format.
    The movie size is 14.4gb.

Please help !!!!!!!
    I will give anymore info if someone asks.
    Last edited by BettaFish; 9th Jan 2014 at 23:57.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Best to have a better title.Why are you trying to convert it?Just do a search for dvd converting and burning.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Best to have a better title.
    But how will that help!?!?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I was trying to find a good burning software for like 2 hours , and all of them make it that windows movie maker can't read it. I tried changing the name and stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BettaFish View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Best to have a better title.
    But how will that help!?!?
    It is one of the forum rules. Habitually failing to obey it may eventually get you banned.

A title like "Help!!!" is not allowed because anyone searching for a solution to a problem like yours will have a more difficult time finding your thread among all the others titled "Help!!!".
    Quote Quote  
  6. Rename your thread to something actually about your problem.

According to their site you have the choice to capture using their own proprietary AVI codec or H.264. I hope you chose H.264 or you'll probably never be able to convert it to a DVD playable on regular DVD players. If you don't know what you have, post the text information about it from MediaInfo.

http://mirillis.com/en/products/action_features.html

If it's H.264 then Avs2DVD should be able to make a DVD from it. If it's this FICV AVI, start over again. Forget Windows Movie Maker.

Just what the world and YouTube need - more gameplay videos.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry about the title .

But i can't really start over recording a 2 hour video. Is there any OTHER way i can make my .avi file smaller than 14.4gb?
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you can convert it to MP4 after the capture using the program's software then, yes, you should be able to make it any size you want. But it won't play in any DVD players if all it can make from the AVI is an MP4.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Then my only option is to buy bigger DVDs . I just looked on Action! , and i can only record at AVI and MP4 , H.264 doesn't seem to be a option.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by BettaFish View Post
    I just looked on Action! , and i can only record at AVI and MP4 , H.264 doesn't seem to be a option.
    The MP4s it makes contain H.264 video and AAC audio. Those can be converted to DVDs, playable in any DVD player. Or burned to disc as-is.

Video codecs
    FICV (Fast Intra Compression Video - Mirillis codec)
    H.264/AVC
    Audio codec
    Linear PCM (Stereo/5.1) (AVI)
    AAC LC (Stereo/5.1) (MP4)

http://mirillis.com/en/products/action_features.html
    Last edited by manono; 10th Jan 2014 at 00:17.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you very much ! I'll record it again using the MP4 format. One last thing , there are 2 MP4's : MP4 , and MP4 (Intel Quick Sync Video). I just need to know which one to use , because i don't want to waste another 2 hours using the wrong format. Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  12. Maybe choose the Intel one if your computer can use its Quick Sync Video feature. If you can't, or don't know what that is, just go with the regular MP4.

Only certain newer Intel CPUs have that feature and the output quality isn't all that good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks again. I think i'll go with the regular MP4 just to be safe with the quality.
    Last edited by BettaFish; 10th Jan 2014 at 00:30.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!