VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found a Liteon LVW-5101 that someone was throwing away but there was no remote. It is functional except the DVD drive has some difficulty loading discs.

ANYWAY, my question has more to do with the parental control. It is setup for kids and most of the movies that I have, have PG on it. The machine asks for a password but I don't have the original remote.

Any ideas?

I have a universal remote for Bell TV but it has some problems. I could not program it for the Liteon.
    I wanted to flash the firmware but Liteon website sucks. Where is the firmware you jerks (Liteon)? They took it offline it seems.
    I was wondering if it has a CMOS reset so I looked at the board but there are no jumpers. I did see what I assume to be the BIOS chip.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The site of LiteOn IT Corp America has a manual for the LVW-5101 in the Audio/Video category.
    Parental control are discussed on page 36 of the PDF User Manual. "0000" seems to be the factory default password.
    They do not list firmware for this model, but there are instructions for creating a firmware updater disc for set top devices.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's the problem. There is suppose to be a firmware update as mentioned by another poster on these forums, in 2004. He even lists a link to the file on the Liteon site. This means that Liteon has removed it.
    Quote Quote