VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am testing VOB2MPG V3.2.2000 on Windows 7 Pro in Standard User Mode. This is a corporate environment where all user accounts are Standard User. On Launch it wants a privilege elevation. I haven't seen anything in the forum about others having issue with Standard User Mode.

Anyone know why the elevation is being requested?
    Are people that are using the product just running it with administrative privilege or have they turned off UAC?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still looking for comments and feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've had to provide the administrator privilege on my computer, which makes it run entirely in the administrator account. Some functions that rely on folder locations (e.g. the button that says "Open log folder") don't work right because it will use the current user's profile folder instead of the administrative user's profile folder. Have you tried running it in various compatibility modes, to see if it will run on a standard user?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I have tried the XP and Vista compatiblity modes. In all cases, the app will not start in standard user mode without requesting a priviledge elevation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Win 7 doesn't work for me also. I tried everything and I am not a noob to pc or apps. A newer version needs to come out with proper updates!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I am trying VOB2MPG for the first time. The recording cut off saying I did not have disk space and the external drive I was using has over half of its memory remaining. It did this 3 times.
    Quote Quote