VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I am trying to help out a friend who lives far from me, needs to send me a video but doesn't have a dvd drive. I told her she can take it to my son who works closer to her so he can copy it and bring me the file. My son has never done dvd copying so I can seeking a free software for one time use which is super easy to use for this, any referrals please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it is a video you have made yourself, which is what it sounds like, just use the copy function in Nero, Imgburn, or any other competent DVD burning software. It is trivially easy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mikehende View Post
    copy it and bring me the file.
    A DVD is not just "a file" burned to a disc. It is several different types of files that rely on each other every step of the way from the time you insert the disc into a machine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yes I had forgotten about it being multiple files, she wants me to upload the video on her site, she is an aspiring singer/actress. So what I would need is for my son to bring me a copy of the dvd in the easiest way for him.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you are trying to get the VOBs from one titleset joined into a single file that can be uploaded, and if there are no subtitles or multiple audio tracks, you can simply use DVD Decrypter (or DVD Shrink or DVDFab) and tell it to put all the VOBs into one file. If the caveats I just listed are not a problem, then the resulting VOB file should be similar enough to a standard MPEG-2 file that you can upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am thinking imgburn should be the easiest way for him to copy the file[s], when he brings it to me then I can do whatever with it/them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    ImgBurn would be the easiest way
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The friend said that it's clips of commercials she had done which is on the dvd. I had taken live footage of my son playing sports many years ago with a camcorder and had transferred those to dvd. I am thinking if I could setup imgburn on my son's laptop and copy one of those dvd's then the procedure should be the same for the friend's commercials clip, not so?
    Quote Quote