VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I would like to make short videos for youtube, and it will be 10:15 minutes maximum.
    I do not know which camera I should use to get professional videos and audio to upload on youtube.
    I will always shot in a closed small room with no day light.
    I will always be by myself.
    So shall I get a small camcorder or a dslr or something bigger like interchangeable camcorder? like this
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KOZN08
    I hope to produce high quality for my contents to attract more audience ... I do understand that content is the king all the time but video and audio do help as well.
    I know that audio should be separated form video and resynch later on. so which audio video setup is recommended?
    So please recommend and take into consideration that I am newbie which mean that I need simple English with no high tech terminologies.
    Also do I need to get any lights or LEDs?
    Forget to mention that I will use blue or green background.
    Last edited by GMohamedB; 24th Nov 2015 at 09:49.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any camera that allows you to manually control the exposure, audio level and focus should be sufficient. Your camera also needs a plug for an external mic. Get a decent external mic, (probably a lavalier?) No need to use a separate recorder in the situation you describe.

If you're planning on using your blue or green screen for keying in backgrounds you will need decent, even lighting for it. As well you will need lights for your subject (you?) You want them to be bright enough that the camera doesn't need to have the gain boosted.

Obviously there is an advantage to better sensors and better lenses -- but it's probably overkill for what you're describing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your reply.
    Is it possible that you may suggest specified items I may buy from amazon or ebay in the current black Friday? budget is $ 1000 for everything.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's a very quick example:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks a lot indeed.
    Do I need tripod for the camera like this one for the led light?
    Also regarding recording do I need any kind of remote control to start recording when I am in the front of the camera? or I hit record on the camera then move away from the camera to my position in the front of it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would advise you to not spend over $300 dollars maybe a lot less,youtube will reduce the video quality,so using a HD camcorder is useless. Many small Sony low priced camcorders will work well in reduced lighting conditions.
    If you buy at a BestBuy and don't like the camcorder movie quality or other items,you can return it or exchange for another type camcorder with in their return limit policies.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Do you have any recommendations for my exact purpose?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GMohamedB View Post
    Do you have any recommendations for my exact purpose?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=sony+camcorder&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat...=960&keys=keys

The CX440 would do the job i feel.
    Quote Quote