VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi friends,

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB, wiyh built in sound card.

when I first installed this MB, I disabled the onboard soundcard cause I prefered to use my PCI Creative Sound Blaster Platinum;

Now I want to test the onboard soundcard (too low volume when capturing with the Creative one) and so I made this :

1) Entered BIOS and enabled the sound card - OK

2) Entered Control Panel and, under audio devices, as expected, on the drop down menu, I have two options, Creative (PCI) and NVIDIA (the onboard one), so I choose the NVIDIA for both playback and recording;

3) ummuted all devices and selected line-in for recording - OK

But...THERE'S NO SOUND AT ALL !!

I indeed reinstalled all NVIDIA drivers;

When I turn on the Computer, I can listen to a metalic voice saying something, incomprehensible;

When I make the NVIDIA test, it identifies my voice going to the microphone, the sliders get movement, but there's no sound on speakers;

When I load the NVIDIA control aplication, the sliders have movement, it shows the stereo sound that is playing on CD through Windows media player but, again, theres no sound on speakers;

On capture, also no sound

I haven't made any hardware change except of course from changing the line-in-out cables from the old card to the onboard one;

ANY GUESS ??

Thanks,

Andre
    Quote Quote  
  2. Very difficult to indentify, but sometime simple things that you may overlooked is the problem. Do this simple check, it may sound silly.

1, Did you connect the audio cable correctly to the motherboard from your cdrom?
    2. Double check that the stereo jack is firmly inserted into the output speaker and not into line in or microphone.
    3. Did you 'on' the speaker power? Sound silly is'nt it My friend just called me with the same problem and he didn't switch on the power!!!
    4. Switch back to your old pci card and see whether you get sound. If no problem then it must be your driver or bios not setting correctly.Otherwise it has to be your speakers connection,

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Originally Posted by Drakng
    Very difficult to indentify, but sometime simple things that you may overlooked is the problem. Do this simple check, it may sound silly.

1, Did you connect the audio cable correctly to the motherboard from your cdrom?
    2. Double check that the stereo jack is firmly inserted into the output speaker and not into line in or microphone.
    3. Did you 'on' the speaker power? Sound silly is'nt it My friend just called me with the same problem and he didn't switch on the power!!!
    4. Switch back to your old pci card and see whether you get sound. If no problem then it must be your driver or bios not setting correctly.Otherwise it has to be your speakers connection,

Good luck
    Thanks Drakng,

Actually, one of the problems might have cleared : I forgot to connect the cable from the CD-ROM to the new audio card slot...

It explains why there's no sound from CD, but, another problem persists : why isn't there audio from line-in jack ?

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need a software to capture from line-in I recommend Audio Record
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Originally Posted by Drakng
    You need a software to capture from line-in I recommend Audio Record
    I am trying Video Capture, ATI MMC allows me to choose the "line-in" jack to capture audio , and it has been definitely hooked (?)
    Quote Quote