VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I stopped the d/l of the full disk. It would take quite a bit more time. If you really need it, let me know.

I've duplicated this behavior on several tv show disk.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if the other couple of folks who posted are using a movie dvd or a tv show type dvd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I can replicate the issue now. (In Title 12).... I will start working on a fix. Thanks for your help.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad I can help. I'm going to guess its something to do with the way some TV Episodes are structured on the disk as compared to movies. Its important in terms of making the final mpg to watch to be able to pick which "chapters" of a particular title are actually show vs. intro stuff. I don't want to watch the introduction story each time but just TV show. In order to not put the intro stuff in the final mpg I have to be able to preview the chapter material and select or unselect as the case maybe.

If that makes any sense.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Curious as to what you found. NOT expecting a fix at this point. Just curious as to what you discovered.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well it is all about that fact that there are "commands" at the begining of Title 12 which tells it to start from chapter 1..... I have fixed it however and will release it tomorrow. If you would like to confirm the fix please email me for the update.

Again thanks for drawing this to my attention and helping me get to the bottom of it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad I could help. So its the Episode thing being like its stand alone or starting over all by it self?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4
    Glad I could help. So its the Episode thing being like its stand alone or starting over all by it self?
    Sort of. The way the DVD was authored meant that playing a chapter in the middle of a Title executed some commands which said "Play from Chapter 1" - this was what you were experiencing.

Anyway fixed in the latest build .130.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works well. Used it again this afternoon.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi ChrissyBoy,

I have just purchased VOB2MPG Pro v3.0. I have v3.0.0710 exactly. And I get the behavior described here by jsmiddleton4... is the bug back in the program? I have a VIDEO_TS folder rip of an NTSC DVD of Over the Hedge from Dreamworks. If I double-click on a specific chapter in a title it starts playing chapter 1 all the time. I tried all chapters.

It's tough to tell which chapters you want to use if you can't preview them.

Thanks.

Alan-B
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its not a bug but rather that way the DVD is authored to play. If you try to play the DVD in WMP does it do the same thing?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well it works in WMP but not *very* well. If you try just after the movie starts it behaves like VOB2MPG - that is, it starts at chapter 1 all the time. However if you stop the movie and then double-click a chapter it works... but then again not for all chapters. There are 17 chapters in the title I'm looking at, and up to chapter 10-12 it works, but the last chapters will get you back to square/chapter 1, and then henceforth it won't work anymore even for the 10-12 chapters that first worked - until you stop the movie again. So I tend to want to accept your answer - it looks like the DVD is authored to make me swear.

I'll do other tests from home with other DVDs and see. At least I can watch the individual chapters using other tools (such as VLC/WMP).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if you can upload the DVD i am happy to look into it. I am sure that it is similar to the previous issue and therefore solvable.
    Quote Quote