VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there anyone who can help me zoom and enhance a security camera video that I have, I am trying to get a cleared up still of the person who stole some stuff out of my parents vehicle.
    Thank you for the help
    Quote Quote  
  2. The magic in the movies is 100% fake. If you have a single photo and want to suddenly have all sorts of detail jump out at you, there is no magic that will make that happen.

Sorry.

"Enhance That"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Give the original unaltered video to the police. They have tools (though not always the best) and will determine if it's enough to follow up on. Even if you were to get a recognizable face yourself, it wouldn't stand up in court due to chain of custody and reasonable doubt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. They forgot what is probably the originator and the most over-the-top example of impossible enhancement (but as a poetic effect rather than a supposedly realistic one) — Blow Up by Michelangelo Antonioni.

01:03 You sure don't need to enhance that chin !
    01:06 "Zzzzüüüm!"
    01:20 Blinking eyes rapidly like this is a tell-tale sign that someone is babbling bullshit and knows it...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interestingly or maybe not, one of my friends husband was identified as a thief not because of his face which was unseen, but because his girlfriend (yes, girlfriend!) received the jewelry he stole and she identified him from his walk. He was convicted and sent to jail.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    It's been a very long time but i also struggled to enhance an image and gave the record to the police the way it was. Well, they couldn't do anything with the record and said that the video was pointless.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I totally understand your frustration when it comes to trying to get a clearer image from security camera footage. Unfortunately, zooming and enhancing images from low-resolution videos can be quite challenging. In a similar situation, I ended up replacing my camera with a higher-resolution one to improve the image quality.However, if you're looking for a more comprehensive solution for home security, I would recommend exploring some options like Vivint smart home system. They offer advanced security features and products that can provide better surveillance and image quality.
    Last edited by amycampbell; 20th Jun 2023 at 04:26.
    Quote Quote