VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know of any good applications to download subtitles on Windows? I've been using vlsub, but lately it's been buggy...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just type in Google "English subtitles <insert official name of movie> and away you go. There are numerous sites but you should remember in some jurisdictions they are subject to copyright.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed, mpc-hc and some players have a function built in, but any standalone app would be just a wrapper for a website is all.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Just type in Google "English subtitles <insert official name of movie> and away you go. There are numerous sites but you should remember in some jurisdictions they are subject to copyright.
    Yeah, I know about that way of doing it. I just want it as quick and easy as possible. Kind of hard to search by hash without an app

Originally Posted by dannyboy48888 View Post
    Agreed, mpc-hc and some players have a function built in, but any standalone app would be just a wrapper for a website is all.
    I know. It still beats doing it manually, though
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My Popcorn A-500 media player has a function "Go fetch the subtitle" and it duly does and 9 times out of ten it is the correct one in every respect - an awesome machine...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote