VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Of course I need a software player, but is a LG BH16NS40 capable of reading the new discs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Looks like it.

But: since there is currently NO PC software to play or otherwise decrypt UltraHD BluRay no one will be able to test and confirm that for you. I would highly recommend to wait for such software to appear before doing any kind of hardware upgrade.
    Quote Quote  
  3. How long did it take in the past for Blu-rays to appear decrypters?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You might not want to get your hopes up about an Ultra HD Blu-ray decrypter. DVDFab announced today that they will not be developing one, and Slysoft and AnyDVD have ceased operations this week.

It took Slysoft less than a year to come out with a version of AnyDVD HD that could break AACS encryption. It took another year to break BD+ encryption on Blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Will Slysoft return, or is the company gone forever?
    Quote Quote  
  6. "Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc.
    We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years. "

I am really sorry for that, but this is final. SlySoft is gone...
    https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/slysoft-closed.68304/
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/377130-Slysoft-and-AnyDVD-may-be-shut-down

The rest is speculation. Just sit back and wait. Maybe decrypters come tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe never. None of us can predict the future. Don't ask.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, I wait for new software programmers who also want that and create a nice program, but I thought Slysoft can restart in a new country with other laws.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Looks different now since AnyDVD goes on.

So what do I need to play Ultra HD Blu-rays?
    1.) As already posted I have a LG BH16NS40 which is capable of playing BD-XL Blu-ray Media
    2.) AnyDVD for Decryption of The Ultra HD Blu-ray
    3.) ??
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe the next powerdvd 16 will add support. But for now there is nothing you can do on a pc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just because AnyDVD is back does not mean they have cracked UltraHD BluRay protection. They have not!
    Quote Quote  
  11. The hope dies last ...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    The developers at Redfox AnyDVD have not ruled out trying to break encryption on the new Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, but they have already stated that it is not a priority, not while they are working to reestablish their business in a new site. It could be years away.
    Quote Quote