VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used tsMuxeR to convert .mkv file into Bluray iso format. I then used Imageburn to write it to a blank Bluray disk. Everything seemed to go fine but neither my Samsung Bluray player nor my Sony would play it. The newer Sony player recognised as a Bluray disk but failed to play it. The structure seems to be perfectly OK.
    Has anyone any advice ?
    Thanks in advance. It's my first one and i'm gutted!

Eric

I tried burning the .iso file with Nero 2018 but with the same result. My Sony Bluray player shows it as a legitimate bluray disc but wont load it.
    Last edited by fazza8; 12th Mar 2018 at 07:32.
    carpe diem maņana

2. tsMuxeR just does remuxing, it doesn't change the video or audio stream -> you sure you video (and audio) stream is Blu-ray compatible?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555

3. Erik Eriksson
    Search Comp PM
    I would appreciate it if you could point me to something that would walk me through that. I'm very much a newbie. Thanks in advance.

4. Sorry, wrong guy. Don't know where to point you, but I'm sure someone other here will be able to do it.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555

5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try AVCHDCoder. But very important is which BD media disc are you using? Some are low quality and can cause problems.I only recommend Verbatim, especially for dual layer BD discs. And if you have a BD optical drive on your PC, does it play the disc?

tsMuxeR should work, but it's very basic for creating compliant BD discs. If you need info on the BD structure, formats and specifications,
    look here: https://www.videohelp.com/hd

And is erikericksson a psudoname?

But others here likely have better software suggestions for BD authoring.
    Last edited by redwudz; 12th Mar 2018 at 14:30.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Verbatim 43811 25GB 6x BD-R SL Datalife Inkjet Printable. I have a Pioneer external BD Drive. It won't play the one I made.My Sony Bluray player shows it as a Bluray disc but when I press play the screen goes dark as if it is trying to play it but then just reverts back to the previous screen.
    Thanks for trying to help me. I appreciate it.
    carpe diem maņana

7. The video specs are probably not blu-ray compatible

What does mediainfo (view=>text) say about the source mkv ? copy & paste the text view back here

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I have uploaded a screen shot.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	44908  

carpe diem maņana

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @fazza8 I guess you didn't understand poisondeathray's advice. The "Text" option, found on the "View" drop down menu (located on MediaInfo's menu bar), provides more detailed information than the window that MediaInfo displays when you first open a file. Not only that, but you won't have to upload a screenshot. You can cut the contents of the Text View window and paste it into your post.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fazza8 View Post
    I think I have uploaded a screen shot.
    how fast did you burn the disc ?? try burning at 4x or slower. and can you provide more info about
    the .mkv file ( is it a Hollywood movie or a tv show or something downloaded from the internet )
    also what region code is the .mkv

11. 1920x800 is not blu-ray compatible.

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    1920x800 is not blu-ray compatible.
    True. The video will need to be re-encoded with letterbox bars added to make it Blu-ray compatible 1920x1080 resolution.

Note that some Blu-ray players have a media player feature which allows them to play media files from a USB drive or burned to disc as data. Depending on its capabilities, such a Blu-ray player might be able to play that same MKV file.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    fazza8-Please do not ask for help on illegally downloaded movies,this is against forum rules,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.