VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all i think this question fits under the newb conversion thread so here it is.

I have a series of avi's im backing up and it just so happens that some of the files have audio streams that were encoded with windows media audio v2 now when i try to convert them to mpeg with tmpgenc nothing shows up in the audio channel. Ive tryed just ripping the audio with virtualdub and that doesnt work. SO i was hoping someone out there would know how to help me? i also read somewhere that some avi's can have a protection put on them that makes it impossible to convert the avi soo maybe thats the problem? either way anyinfo/help would be AWESOME thanks ppl!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by masadar
    Hello all i think this question fits under the newb conversion thread so here it is.

I have a series of avi's im backing up and it just so happens that some of the files have audio streams that were encoded with windows media audio v2 now when i try to convert them to mpeg with tmpgenc nothing shows up in the audio channel. Ive tryed just ripping the audio with virtualdub and that doesnt work. SO i was hoping someone out there would know how to help me? i also read somewhere that some avi's can have a protection put on them that makes it impossible to convert the avi soo maybe thats the problem? either way anyinfo/help would be AWESOME thanks ppl!

you didn't say what codec the audio was(or the video for that matter)....

and I'm not sure what you mean by "ripping the audio"

If VDub recognizes the audio, then you could simply re-encode the AVI in VDub. In video settings you would choose 'direct stream copy' and then you would only re-encode the audio to something TMPGEnc could accept

after re-encode with VDub, check to be sure audio is still in sync
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!