+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7008

The way library works, it launches a MakeMKV instance in background and communicates with MakeMKV in order to get decryption keys - so working MakeMKV is required for the library to function.
    Doesn't it mean that you must buy or use latest makemkv beta to get dvdx 4.1 working?
    If a Blu-Ray decrypter, whether MakeMKV, DVDFab Passkey, or AnyDVD HD, has to be obtained separately for use with DVDx 4.1, I see nothing wrong with that. If the latest release of DVDx 4.1 includes a copy of the latest MakeMKV beta, and MakeMKV is being distributed without its author's permission, I'm very uncomfortable with that.

I do think that the lack of built-in Blu-Ray decryption makes DVDx 4.1 less of a ripper and more of a Blu-Ray converter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. @Kerry56: X264 isn't going anywhere what do you mean? BDRebuilder is the only one you mention here with decrypting capabilites and it's a bunch of free third party software, only usable by geeks.

My point since I'm in this business (say 2002) is to provide average users with tools and processes we, geek and advanced users, are using. So GUI and knowledge is my contribution (yes, there's a knowledge base in DVDx 4.1). I guess it's fair that average users will pay if they want to access it, as easy and friendly it is. BTW, dDo you really think average users will be able to use HCenc?

As a geek you are, I understand you won't buy any software any day and will do old tricky stuff on your own, I respect that. You can even use (maybe crack before) DVDx 4.1 and copy/paste from the nice consoles the makemkvcon and FFmpeg commands. But not everyone is forced to do like you. Even if I respect that above, I wonder how you contribute to the community...

@Baldrick: you guy, respect! You're not questionable!! DVDx 4.1 comes with MakeMKV beta, if you're a MakeMKV registered user, makemkvcon within DVDx 4.1 is using you're MakeMKV activation. Is that unfair?

@usually_quiet: you're right about DVDx 4.0, wrong for DVDx 4.1 which includes MakeMKV backend. Please allow me to deal on my own with MakeMKV - I'm sure registered MakeMKV users are already welcoming DVDx 4.1...
    Last edited by Starbuck2010; 10th Dec 2013 at 12:09. Reason: Completing
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Starbuck2010 View Post
    @usually_quiet: you're right about DVDx 4.0, wrong for DVDx 4.1 which includes MakeMKV backend. Please allow me to deal on my own with MakeMKV - I'm sure registered MakeMKV users are already welcoming DVDx 4.1...
    I'll be looking elsewhere if I need a Blu-Ray converter some day. Go ahead and deal with them on your own, but by saying that, all you have succeeded in doing is to convince me that what you are doing with MakeMKV is not entirely legitimate at present.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I was perfectly clear in my earlier post. Free software that functions in the same manner as yours is not going to disappear. And they do a superior job. By the way, BD Rebuilder has NO decryption capabilities whatsoever, so you obviously don't know your competition.

And no, I don't "crack" software.

I agree with usually_quiet. Your use of makemkvcon is questionable. I wonder if they are even aware of your software?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Agree for BD Rebuilder, disagree about freeware, they are forked, then disappear, then appear new ones, only one come to my mind which will last long is FFmpeg (and all ones from the team: VLC, libav.. etc). And BTW, every free or commercial video software is using libav... (thanks to LGPL but you can see from their sites that they've a lot of licensing conflicts). FFmpeg lasts because of its fundings from a High-Level French College (ENSI btw) and good management. Agree, I don't have time to investigate much competition, I've another job to complete revenues. So far DVDx 4.1 is just 3 years 50% of my time, for a few bucks. And you're not helping. Still don't understand your statement about X264...

I guess I will bring new users (customers) to MakeMKV and new orders, which they deserve!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Starbuck, don't kid yourself.
    Your DVDx4.1junkware is only a frontend to other free sources.
    Now whether you have approval to use such resources is still a question.
    Also you come here on a free forum site to hawk your own DVDx4.1 junkware which we don't take kindly to.

Now if you wanted to make it free then we would take a look at it but as it is, none here will be interested in DVDx4.1junkware.
    You see, we do know about such crapware that floats around the internet...which your DVDx4.1 is not a good deal.
    It I were interested in an one in all, it definitely wouldn't be with one such as yours with DVDx4.1yearlysubscriptions$, I'd pay once and for all.
    So among the crapwares out there, DVDx4.1junkware wouldn't be a good deal.

I am sure you are impressed with your DVDx4.1crapware but don't expect for us to be.
    Go somewhere else, you see, we know what freeware and payware that are good in their class
    and yours will be scraping the bottom on any list.
    Last edited by Steve(MS); 10th Dec 2013 at 18:54.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @steve: so you're really a nut, there's no existing Bluray decryption software out there without a 1-2 year subscription (ANyDVD is, DVDFab is, MakeMKV is, DVDx 4 is). And so you say BDRebuilder is junkware, that's your own only opinion!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I haven't said anything about BDRebuilder, so you are lying.
    Not only that but you are calling me a name...that should be good for your business, insulting.
    Must be you took me posts as an insult to your person.

The real nut is your program...I see you just posted on that other thread here...I also see it is a buggy program.
    Evidently it is up to others to do testing to see if it will work...so you are honing your lacking skills as a programmer for last 2+ years.

Also, I will correct you in that MakeMKV is still in beta and a temporary key is available for it.
    DVDFab Decrypter is free to "rip" contents to hard drive.
    So you are in error about all that.
    Really you don't know what you are talking about.
    Not surprising seeing your DVDx 4 bugware is a Starbuck@StarbuckLabs dead duck junkware program.
    There are many crapware programs out there I would chose over your annual subscription buggy DVDx 4 junkware.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVDFab Decrypter is not free AFAIK:http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-copy.htm $49
    http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-ripper.htm $60

You said 'using other software is junk', so is BDRebuilder (using dozen of third party freeware), I'm not lying you're just not honest in your point, you just want to say DVDx 4 is crap... which I still don't know why, jalousy? interest? DVDFab employee? Anyway, it's your choice, don't spam others striving to pass as a knowledgeable user...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Once again you don't know what you are talking about.
    BDRebuilder is free to use and is an excellent program.
    The author does take donations and he seems to be doing well with it.

DVDFab Decrypter is free to use.

MakeMKV has a temporary key that can be found at their website.

How much clearer can it be...you have been given the facts and still don't know what you are talking about.

You are NOWHERE in the same ballpark as the author of BDRebuilder so don't go there.
    He also has another program for outputting to dvds...likely you don't know anything about.

Plain and simple, your program is a bad value since everything it does can be done easily with freeware.
    You seem to be against freeware, it looks like the program you have taken over was once freeware...but I don't
    have any knowledge of that program since no-one mentions it on this forum...or for that matter any other forum that I am familiar with.

Don't worry, no one here is likely to want your program because it doesn't do anything special.
    You may have better luck on that twitter...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Please re-read yourself...

BTW, I don't worry and please notice that I've never said anything bad about other developers (say BDRebuilder) and I respect competition...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just to make my point for some of my achievements argued here: Free Software and DVD/Bluray copying

Starbuck's FreePlayer is freeware and open source media player (with MPlayer anbd MPlayer2 backend) with original backend manager (from DVDx 4.1 libs) so faster start than other MPlayer GUI, better control - user can display stdErr, stdOut and stdIn in advanced console (again from DVDx 4.1 libs) so viewing the MPlayer slave commands.

FreePlayer play video that VLC fails (thanks to MPlayer): video LosslessJpeg, audio DTS HD, audio ADPCM IMA (QT) and resize PGS subtitles (resized Bluray video) better than VLC, nicer display and no sub timing error.

Freeplayer is not intended to replace VLC but it may help sometimes (and is integrated in DVDx 4.1 to preview movies).

DVDx 4 (called junkware hereabove) is award winning software both in freeware and commercial software: awards page

DVDx 4.0 Open Edition has been elected as Video Convert replacement software by Datamation (B2B IT News)

Just saying...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to make my point for some of my achievements argued here: Free Software and DVD/Bluray copying

Starbuck's FreePlayer is freeware and open source media player (with MPlayer anbd MPlayer2 backend) with original backend manager (from DVDx 4.1 libs) so faster start than other MPlayer GUI, better control - user can display stdErr, stdOut and stdIn in advanced console (again from DVDx 4.1 libs) so viewing the MPlayer slave commands.

FreePlayer play video that VLC fails (thanks to MPlayer): video LosslessJpeg, audio DTS HD, audio ADPCM IMA (QT) and resize PGS subtitles (resized Bluray video) better than VLC, nicer display and no sub timing error.

Freeplayer is not intended to replace VLC but it may help sometimes (and is integrated in DVDx 4.1 to preview movies).

DVDx 4 (called junkware hereabove) is award winning software both in freeware and commercial software: awards page

DVDx 4.0 Open Edition has been elected as Video Convert replacement software by Datamation (B2B IT News)

Just saying...
    Those awards are not meaningful to most of us here. We have all seen software that isn't considered to be very good that has many those same awards.

If you have to continually self-promote at Video Help to draw attention to your products (presumably because the most experienced members at Video Help don't recommend your products to newbies asking for help, and recommend other software instead) you should be trying to find out why that is true. Hint: Since none of us are being paid for recommendations and wouldn't accept a bribe if one were offered, that leaves the cost of your product relative to others and/or its perceived lack of quality as the deciding factors.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'll stop bother you here as it seems to be, however I've published a DVDx 4.1 Blu-ray rip and transcode tutorial which shows clearly the value for users: simplicity.

So one can make its own opinion: http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/4.1/docs/rip-and-transcode-dvd-or-bluray-disc.php
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll stop bother you here as it seems to be, however I've published a DVDx 4.1 Blu-ray rip and transcode tutorial which shows clearly the value for users: simplicity.

So one can make its own opinion: http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/4.1/docs/rip-and-transcode-dvd-or-bluray-disc.php
    That's stopping? It looks like more self-promotion to me.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It looks like more self-promotion to me.
    It is more like being in Love. Being blind, not listening, etc
    Quote Quote  
  17. AnyDVD works best for me too. It works best with Windows 8.1 too with no changes to make.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought AnyDVDHD back in the day when the purchase price was forever. But currently an annual subscription is required I have ripped a couple hundred of BDs over the last few years, and was always having problems with the drive/AnyDVDHD interface, I had to restart the rip several times to get it up to speed. I've since gone to ripping with IMGBurn, a free program that will probably always be around, which of course requires a decrypter present (AnyDVDHD) in order to rip. This has solved the speed problems, the rips go at 25-35MB/s and all is fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (LINK REMOVED BY gll99) is the best. Convert Blu-ray/DVD movies at the highest speed ever by adopting the NVIDIAŽ CUDA™ and AMD APP technology. Support multi-core processor completely.
    Seems like a similar program that has changed names a few times. One I recall had a very limited partial file size ripping trial.

Is the trial limited or did you pay for that program?
    Last edited by gll99; 14th Feb 2015 at 22:46. Reason: Removed the link from possible spam post
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (Link Removed by gll99) is the best. Convert Blu-ray/DVD movies at the highest speed ever by adopting the NVIDIAŽ CUDA™ and AMD APP technology. Support multi-core processor completely.
    Seems like a similar program that has changed names a few times. One I recall had a very limited partial file size ripping trial.

Is the trial limited or did you pay for that program?

Just pay for that program with lifetime license. You can try it and they promise 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on all software and compare it with other blu-ray ripper software. Good luck, guys!
    So the software is crippled. You have to pay to test.

Then I say no thanks.

Besides there is something suspicious:

If you check the digital signature of the downloaded exe it shows the signer as Shenzhen Moyea Software

herdprotect shows potential viruses with the software they distribute

http://www.herdprotect.com/signer-shenzhen-moyea-software-3c4080057de4b37a48e6a7ba6ccf0e07.aspx

In addition if you check their software list lower down on the same page it shows it's the same company selling the same thing under different names all the time.

There is a note on the MAKEMKV site warning of a scam that someone has stolen their software and keeps redistributing it. One of the names they have used is LEAWO which is on the software list distributed by Shenzhen Moyea Software.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1514

It seems they might be changing the name every time the MakeMKV Beta license expires. This looks very much like the same people.

I'll report the original post and let the mods decide.
    Last edited by gll99; 14th Feb 2015 at 22:49. Reason: Remove link from original possible spam post
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDx

Can someone replace the word "quiet" with "quite", it uses the wrong word twice and it's irritating.

People have already mentioned it in the comments but apparently no one read them.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have updated it with the dvdx 4.1 description.
    Quote Quote