VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is the best software to convert Avi, mpeg, rm(ect.) to ipod(mp4)? any program with good speed and good quality? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    you can try the one here
    maybe you will like it
    http://www.spammer.org
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I like spam

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  4. For weeks I was obsessed with finding the very best software to convert video files to view on my iPod...

Of all the programs I have tried (and I have tried PLENTY) I get the best results from 3GP Converter and Jesterware.

If you are looking for freeware, try 3GP Converter.

If you don't mind paying you may want to download the trial versions of DVD to iPod and iPod Video Suite from Jesterware http://www.jesterware.co.uk/

I purchased them together in their iPod Video Pack and both programs are top-notch... My experience with their technical support team has been very positive as well.

Anthony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    For quality, speed, and ease of use it's hard to beat Nero Recode, It often comes bundled with DVD burners if not I believe the Nero Digital bundle is around $29.95 US, Not that you can't get great results with freeware, but there are more steps and a more difficult learning curve. Beware there are many encoders out there that give decent looking quality on the iPod itself, but are very dissapointing if you use the TV Out, especially on newer HD TV's, When I first got my iPod I did a pile of stuff with the Videora iPod Converter, even with 2-pass encoding and larger frame resolutions it did not compare to Nero Recode for TV Out viewing. SUPER is another good freeware that gives a good choice of Codecs but I've had sync problems with it myself, Others on this forum really like it though. Anyway just a few thoughts... Good Luck
    Quote Quote