VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Gateway Media Center PC and I would like to clean up the hard drive, reformat it and clean-install Windows XP Media Center operating system. The problem is that my computer came with the full system restoration DVD only (which, in addition to OS reinstalls all the bloatware that was preinstalled on the PC) and without a separate CD for reinstalling the operating systeme alone. Is there a way for me to clean-install Windows XP MCE from the restoration DVD without reinstalling all other stuff that's on in. Is there, perhaps, a method to extract OS files/folders from the restoration DVD, burn them onto a CD, and use the disc for OS clean-installation.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think you can pick and choose which apps get reloaded on the restore program. I can't be certain but why don't you do a check on the web for gateway and find out if you can select your restore options?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. I did check it before -- for I had to do the restoration some time ago -- and there was no option to restore Windows only -- it's either full system restore or nothing. And as I said in my initial post, that means installing back all other stuff that came pre-installed on the PC.
    Quote Quote