VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Cant mux to mp4

Heya all,
    Got an AVI I have encoded and need it as an .mp4

Tried with the latest version of cleverFFmpeg on Windows10 but it just outputs a zero file size mp4. I tested outputting to mkv and that works fine.

Anyone know whats wrong please as I have all 3 FFmpeg components in the same folder.

much thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Drconfused View Post
    Cant mux to mp4

Heya all,
    Got an AVI I have encoded and need it as an .mp4

Tried with the latest version of cleverFFmpeg on Windows10 but it just outputs a zero file size mp4. I tested outputting to mkv and that works fine.

Anyone know whats wrong please as I have all 3 FFmpeg components in the same folder.

much thanks
    Post an mediainfo report from your avi here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks ProWo...

Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 693 MiB
    Duration : 9 min 9 s
    Overall bit rate : 10.6 Mb/s
    Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
    Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2540/release

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High 4:4:4 Predictive@L4.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference : 3 frames
    Codec ID : h264
    Bit rate : 9 000 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
    Color space : RGB
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.145
    Stream size : 592 MiB (85%)
    Writing library : x264 core 152 r2851bm ba24899
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=2 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=1 / slices=2 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=abr / mbtree=0 / bitrate=9000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Color range : Full
    Matrix coefficients : Identity

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings : Little / Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 101 MiB (15%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duratio : 500 ms
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try with the newest beta
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/clever_ffmpeg_gui_newest_beta.7z
    Load your avi, click on main, click multiplex, videotrack and audiotrack are already selected, click on target file, accept the proposed name, set mp4 as container, click multiplex. Done.
    Last edited by ProWo; 3rd Feb 2021 at 10:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Heya ProWo,
    Thanks so much for that but no joy. Still a zero size mp4 file.
    I have tried other ffmpeg utilities and they are producing the same zero file size too.
    Any ideas please?
    Thank you so much

(EDIT) Is it anything to do with my audio being PCM as it should be AAC?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Could be. Convert to aac and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey ProWo,
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the original video muxed in your great program but with AAC audio does work and outputs an mp4.

My problem is that extracting the audio and converting from PCM to AAC in audacity and then using that to mux is yet another step and I'm trying to minmize the workflow.

I'm editing in Premiere PRO CS3 and using debugmode frameserver to serve the video to virtualdubmod and then Clever to mux into MP4.
    The problem is that the frameserver only serves PCM from premiere pro CS3.

If anyone has any idea of a better workflow I'd appreciate it please.
    Much thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Load your avi with pcm audio in clever Ffmpeg-GUI, click on Audio conversion, continue, set aac as output, click on convert. After this click on multiplex, your new created aac is already selected, click on video track, accept your avi, click on target file, accept the proposed name, set mp4 as container, click multiplex. Done!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Much thanks ProWo. I'll certainly use that workflow. Thanks for the great app and all your help
    Quote Quote  
  10. February 08, 2021 update to version 2.7.2.
    Fixed: Small bugs.
    Added: VP8 encoding, multiplex to webm.
    Added: Video merge (concat demuxer).
    Added: Support for Avisynth. A basic Avisynth script is created that you can customize, modify, test and then encode with the desired encoder.
    Removed: Inverse Telecine (IVTC), QTGMC deinterlacing. You can use your own scripts now.
    Improved: Many fine tunings.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Buongiorno Prowo.
    Ti chiedevo se era possibile convertendo in VOB visualizzare quale dimensione avrebbe il file convertito, affinchè si possa regolare il bitrate fino a
    raggiungere 4.38 giga massima dimensione per fare un DVD. Per avere maggiore qualità video. Stessa cosa con M2TS per i Blu-Ray.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jopavirando View Post
    Buongiorno Prowo.
    Ti chiedevo se era possibile convertendo in VOB visualizzare quale dimensione avrebbe il file convertito, affinchè si possa regolare il bitrate fino a
    raggiungere 4.38 giga massima dimensione per fare un DVD. Per avere maggiore qualità video. Stessa cosa con M2TS per i Blu-Ray.
    Leggi sotto ...
    Last edited by ProWo; 10th Feb 2021 at 15:24.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jopavirando View Post
    Buongiorno Prowo.
    raggiungere
    Implementato un bitrate calcolatore nei settings del mpeg2 encoder.
    Scegli Target size, immetti il valore desiderato, sotto ti viene calcolato la bitrate. Basta premere convert ed il video viene convertito con la bitrate calcolata.
    (v2.7.3_02_Beta).
    Quote Quote  
  14. TrueHD 7.1 to eac3 (5.1) conversion and 5.1 (6ch) and 7.1(8ch) to single wav's (pcm) conversion implemented in latest beta version (v2.7.3_05_Beta).
    Try it and report here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am very happy to use your super clever FFmpeg-GUI , but it will be more powerful if i can use my own settings to adjust some of the basic ones . Cause i want to take full advantage of my hevc_qsv video processor like i do it using this commands directly to ffmpeg and the results are way better and with a speed of 4 to 6 using 90 % of my GPU and only 40 to 60 % of mu CPU

-map 0 -c:v hevc_qsv -preset:v 1 -profile:v 0 -load_plugin hevc_hw -pix_fmt nv12 -global_quality 18 -b_strategy 1 -compression_level 7 -qcomp 0.80 -rdo 1 -g:v 250 -bf:v 3 -refs:v 5 -bitrate_limit 1 -vf "scale=1920:1080:flags=lanczos,format=nv12,yadif=2 " -aspect 1.7777 -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709 -c:a aac -b:a 128k -ac 2 -ar 48000

hope it will be possible to use our personal script in your guide in the future ...

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. My program is intentionally kept simple and designed for normal users so they don't lose track and (very likely) make mistakes and make wrong entries. This should also remain so. For this reason I will not implement any change to the command lines.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i respect what you made with this GUI , it was just a suggestion , or maybe if it is possible to add the support for hevc_qsv as selected video preset or the possibility to use hardware acceleration where it is possible !!!

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hello, I was attempting to try to use this program to try to (easy as possible w FFMPEG) convert PAL to NTSC DVDs.

I have this program in its own folder and downloaded the correct 4.3.2 FFMPEG (Windows 64) files.

Everything goes fine upon starting, locating the FFMPEG folder, then I select a VTS VOB file to open, the program asks me if I would like to open the entire movie I select 'yes' again all seems fine until I try to 'Rip' the movie - at that point I get an 'Unhandled Exception' error. If you click continue nothing happens so it must be closed. I read through this thread where it is suggested to try to use the Beta build if this error show so I did but I get the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Is this a vts_99_9.vob file on a DVD (where 9 stands for numbers, g.e. vts_01_1.vob) or a single file on your harddisk? In this second case you must respond No.
    Last edited by ProWo; 25th Feb 2021 at 18:14.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thank you for the reply, yes this is a VTS__.VOB files.

Specifically I tried 2 PAL unprotected DVDs that are on hard disk; I opened 'VTS_01_0' it is related to 'VTS_01_1,2,3 & 4' as the complete main movie - As I believed this to be ok I got the message if I would like to open the main movie for it and I believe I read that this is how to import a DVD for CleverFFMPEG here on VideoHelp.

I could join all the .VOB from main movie into 1 file and\or 1 .mpg file if that is what is needed instead?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Ok, some more testing for the above post. Originally I had placed the downloaded 4.3.2 FFMPEG files into the parent directory of 'cleverFFMPEG' and selected that as the source directory but for me anyway once I placed all those files inside the 'x64folder' it is all working ok now - I also used a 'joined.vob' just to be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Just for your info: the movie starts with vts_01_1.vob, not with vts_01_0.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I suggest to use a CCleaner before opening CleverFFmpeg, adding una tantum a new Include statement:

Click the Options icon at left > Include button > Add > File >
    C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\clever_FFmpeg_GUI\clever_FFmpeg_GUI .exe_Url_fokpm05yenrhb5scwzlvslghqdh03okg\1.0.0.0\ user.config
    Last edited by parvares; 27th Feb 2021 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  24. March 01, 2021 update to version 2.7.3.
    Fixed: Small bugs.
    Added: Multiplex to mov.
    Added: Profile selection (x264 and x265).
    Improved: Duration detection, Multiplex logic, many fine tunings.
    Quote Quote  
  25. @Ronny
    I have reintegrated the simple IVTC function. In many cases it works flawlessly, in others it needs an improved Avisynth script. Both are now possible. Download the latest beta version (v2.7.4_02_Beta) and try it out.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I was hoping I could mux WMV into AVI with your tool but it said the format was incompatible with AVI. Is this a limitation of FFMPEG? From what I understand, it is possible but there will be a lot of overhead which doesn't concern me.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Aludin View Post
    I was hoping I could mux WMV into AVI with your tool but it said the format was incompatible with AVI. Is this a limitation of FFMPEG? From what I understand, it is possible but there will be a lot of overhead which doesn't concern me.
    clever FFmpeg-GUI tells you the incompatible codec (video, audio or subtitle).
    Post a pic of the wmv stream detection here (see example below).
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	57667  

Last edited by ProWo; 5th Mar 2021 at 04:04.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Aludin View Post
    I was hoping I could mux WMV into AVI with your tool but it said the format was incompatible with AVI. Is this a limitation of FFMPEG? From what I understand, it is possible but there will be a lot of overhead which doesn't concern me.
    Have made some changes. Retry with the latest beta. It should work.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by Aludin View Post
    Have made some changes. Retry with the latest beta. It should work.
    It works now, thanks. This will make editing much easier, your app is an example of must-haves that a google search will never find.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I have a problem ripping a DVD, I point to VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0 and VTS_01_1, none seem to work, I get an empty 0,00 kb rip file.
    Quote Quote