VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When streaming using potplayer i get pillarbox the video isn't fullscreen Click image for larger version

Name:	pillarbox.png
Views:	566
Size:	684.0 KB
ID:	19852
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forum.

That said, there is no pillarboxing in the image posted above.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 14:11.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thank you. how do i remove the black edges the video isn't fullscreen its not covering the entire screen
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What is the aspect ratio of the display monitor?
    What is the aspect ratio of the video?

Let's say your display device is 16x9 (1.78:1). Most commercial movies are not produced at 16x9. They are produced at 1.66:1, 1.88:1, or 2.35:1 . None of those aspect ratios will completely fill a 16x9 screen. The only videos that are produced at exactly 16x9 are TV shows and consumer video cameras.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 14:11.
    Quote Quote  
  5. the resolution for monitor is set at 1366x768 when using vlc it covers the screen but i can't get vlc to keep the video english when the next episode plays even when going into preferences changing audio to english it doesn't do this with another dual audio file i have
    Last edited by la321; 1st Sep 2013 at 13:09.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i fixed it by unchecking keep aspect ratio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by la321 View Post
    i fixed it by unchecking keep aspect ratio
    The reason you had letterbox bars is because you were watching a 1.85:1 movie on a 1.78:1 screen. The bars are supposed to be there. By turning off the Keep Aspect Ratio setting you are distorting the picture. 1.85:1 to 1.78:1 probably isn't noticeable but if you view 2.35:1 (typical widescreen movie) or 1.37:1 (old ~4:3 movies) sources it will be obvious. You would be better off learning to live with viewing movies at their original aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. the bars aren't there on vlc and other players just potplayer
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by la321 View Post
    the bars aren't there on vlc and other players just potplayer
    Maybe you have the other players set up to stretch. Post a full MediaInfo report of your source.
    Quote Quote  
  10. no they aren't stretched it only happens when streaming it on a site
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only way to know which player is displaying properly is to verify the source as noted above.

But if you don't care if it's right or not and just want the screen full, that's your choice.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  12. I've already fixed had to capture it again with screen capture but i've uninstalled potplayer using vlc
    Quote Quote