VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I'm having a tracking problem with my Philips VR685/02 VCR. At the moment I can't get a clear picture on any tape. I got the VCR a few weeks ago and had the same problem in the first week but after the first week it seemed to have solved itself and played every tape perfectly with a few seconds of auto-tracking when I pressed play. It still does auto-track now but I either get no picture or a very fuzzy picture. Manual tracking with the P+ and P- buttons also doesn't solve this.

I used two tapes today, on tape 1 I got no picture and the same happened with tape 2 but after rewinding it to the beginning I got a fuzzy picture and when I put tape 1 back in I got a fuzzy picture as well there, but after rewinding it I got no picture again.

Does anyone know what causes this and if this can be solved with a good clean of the head drums and control tracks?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked the tapes for edge damage (creased) ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Have you checked the tapes for edge damage (creased) ?
    Yes I checked them but the tape looks completely fine. I will give the VCR a clean tomorrow and will see if that solves it, I'll give an update tomorrow
    Quote Quote