VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. wmv encoding
    Does this only mean old wmv1 and wmv2 or can it encode wmv3 and/or vc-1?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    wmv encoding
    Does this only mean old wmv1 and wmv2 or can it encode wmv3 and/or vc-1?
    As far as i know, ffmpeg doesn't support wmv3 or vc1 encoding, so it's limited to wmv2 for now
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ah okay, then I can save me some time thinking about whether it's worth supporting it in Hybrid. (wmv2&wmv1 never really were any good)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. I added it because someone needed it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. May 17, 2022 update to version 2.9.8.
    Fixed: Bug in colorspace and Bit Depth selection, interlaced avc encoding.
    Added: Captions EIA-608/708 extraction to srt, dvvideo muxing to asf,avi,mov,mxf, change/delete container title, color range selection, show source colorspace,colorrange,bitdepth, muxing to flv,wmv, video encoding to wmv (wmv1+wmv2), atrac3 audio extraction, profile level on target file name, if changed.
    Changed: Audio codec selection wav (pcm) to pcm, little cosmetics.
    Last edited by ProWo; 18th May 2022 at 03:43. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello ProWo,

On Win 7 Prof. 32 Bit System:
    unfortunately a PCM problem has occurred again. While the versions 2.9.5 / 2.9.6 / 2.9.7 did not convert from ac3 to pcm at all, the
    version 2.9.8 has a completely different problem.

ac3 to pcm/16bit works (also pcm 24 bit and 32 bit)

ac3 to pcm/16bit and length change only seems to work, but the result is an unplayable .wav file with the Codec: Vorbis / Codec ID: 566F.

The same happens when a container (e.g. .mka) is selected, but this file is playable.
    Vorbis ID: A_VORBIS / libVorbis (Reducing Environment) (20200704 (Reducing Environment))

ac3 to pcm 24 bit and 32 bit always works fine with or without length change.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ Amiga
    I"m out today, but tomorrow I"ll check this.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @ Amiga
    Thanks for the hint.
    Found the bug. It was a missing trigger reset on pcm selection.
    Fixed in the newest beta (v2.9.8.02), should work now. Try it and report here.
    Last edited by ProWo; 19th May 2022 at 10:01. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello ProWo,
    thank you very much for the pcm fix. The current beta works very well.

Unfortunately for me the current MediaInfo version is not able to recognize 32 bit pcm audio. The program runs endlessly in the background, without gui and with 25% CPU load. That's why I can't get accurate information from 32 bit pcm. By the way I learned what a ".caf" container is. I did not know it until now. For the first time I tested the "big endian" option, and the result is a .caf container. Strangely, the 32 bit pcm .caf can only be played by the VLC Media Player, while 16 and 24 bit also work with other players. But I think that the problem is not with clever FFmpeg gui.

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. 32 bit pcm big endian audio is hardly used, if at all then in the mac world.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hello
    I have such a question: why using the multiplex option to mp4 in clever FFmpeg GUI, after processing the data about DolbyVision disappear
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/Sf90SPg.png
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/SIVkHmK.png
    However, when doing it with CMD, after converting to mp4, the DV information normally remains
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/30HPI0S.png
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398092-why-audio-is-too-low-for-this-audio-codec-file-only
    please see the thread.
    read the 3rd post by you.
    Can you now guide for the same audio normalization in the new version of clever ffmpeg gui .
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by wowo1 View Post
    Hello
    I have such a question: why using the multiplex option to mp4 in clever FFmpeg GUI, after processing the data about DolbyVision disappear
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/Sf90SPg.png
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/SIVkHmK.png
    However, when doing it with CMD, after converting to mp4, the DV information normally remains
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/30HPI0S.png
    This happens because -map 0 copies the metadata, while my command line does not contain -map 0 (so that the desired metadata is written).
    So ffmpeg writes its own information for hdr.
    But for the video quality this has no effect.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398092-why-audio-is-too-low-for-this-audio-codec-file-only
    please see the thread.
    read the 3rd post by you.
    Can you now guide for the same audio normalization in the new version of clever ffmpeg gui .
    The same way.
    Load your video, click main, click convert audio stream, if you have multiple audio streams select the desired one, click select this stream, click go to the encoder and here make your desired settings, finally click convert. Done.

[Attachment 64984 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, encoding is not a problem. What I want is increasing the sound of audio in a video.
    I think, will try and report any improvement.
    Ordinary persons do not know, how to input , when you select for example, if opus is your default audio format and you want to increase the audio only in the video.
    If I convert a audio stream will it not create a separate audio file, and then how do i convert it.
    Yesterday , i tried but only get audio if i just convert to a destination
    Quote Quote  
  16. @jraju
    In the simplest case, a video file contains a video track and an audio track. If you now want to improve the volume in this video file, you will only change the audio stream.
    So you select Audio stream convert (you want to change the audio stream), click go to the encoder, click DynAudNorm, leave all other settings as they are and click convert.
    A new audiostream will be created, with an improved volume.
    When that's done, you want to add the newly created audiostream to the videostream. To do so, click multiplex, the newly created audio stream is shown in green, deselect the old audio stream (the blue one), check if the video stream and the new audio stream are selected and click multiplex. If done, you have a new video file with improved volume.
    Last edited by ProWo; 26th May 2022 at 02:06. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    prowo, I already downloaded, but avast suddenly deleted your main file.
    Please check that at your end.
    I downloaded the files again and done, as you say.
    I could not see the reply, as my lan port got damaged due to lightning and thunderstrike and i had no internet connection to reply.
    will try to hear the difference of sound and report back.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, prowo, Could I check the increase in audio technically. I mean in some kind of audio information between the original and after increase in audio track
    expecting your reply
    Quote Quote  
  19. Use the build in Volume detection.
    Main, convert audio stream, select your audio stream (if more then one), volume detection.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, here I give below the results.
    Please say, how to analyse the dB data
    is -lowe db denotes higher volume?
    The audio detection :
    mean_volume: -15.9 dB
    max_volume: 0.0 dB newly increased volume audio

mean_volume: -26.5 dB
    max_volume: -3.5 dB Original volume as downloaded
    Quote Quote  
  21. Max_volume is the parameter you are interested in.
    -3.5 db means that the volume can be increased by 3.5 db without causing clipping.
    0 db means that the volume can no longer be increased without causing clipping.

Read:
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioVolume
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SO, in a way, it is sure that my volume has increased to the maximum level without causing clipping.
    Thanks for your technical details, as leading players like vlc do not have such kind of details.
    Will definitely look in to the linked article and thanks for the clues and immediate response
    Quote Quote  
  23. June 09, 2022 update to version 2.9.9.
    Fixed: Trigger reset for pcm selection, single channels pcm trigger, bug in mux map sorting, interlaced encoding with resizing, Avisynth support.
    Added: More video & audio codecs admitted for flv muxing, allowed sampling rates for each audio codec, Source samplig rate info, Bwdif Deinterlacing Filter.
    Changed: Frequency selection, pcm bit depth selection
    Improved: Single channels pcm encoding, Audio Channel Info, cropping, Yadif deinterlacing, scan type analisys.
    Last edited by ProWo; 9th Jun 2022 at 06:47.
    Quote Quote  
  24. July 04, 2022 update to version 3.0.0.
    Fixed: Wrong Tooltips, small bugs.
    Added: Change Video scan type, video encode to mpeg1, audio volume filter can be used with other audio filter.
    Changed: Ac3 decoder DRC preset.
    Improved: Cropping.
    Quote Quote  
  25. DNxHD and DNxHR endocing completely recoded in the latest beta (v3.0.0.08). Try it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Added support for LUTs (3D Look-Up Tables) in Video encoding, and many other small improvements in the newest Beta (v3.0.0.10).
    Quote Quote  
  27. Would it be possible for you to consider adding support for OGV? I would like to be able to multiplex those kinds of files (apologies if this query has been asked in the past).
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Terwilf View Post
    Would it be possible for you to consider adding support for OGV? I would like to be able to multiplex those kinds of files (apologies if this query has been asked in the past).
    I will see what can be done.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Terwilf View Post
    Would it be possible for you to consider adding support for OGV? I would like to be able to multiplex those kinds of files (apologies if this query has been asked in the past).
    July 22 2022, newest Beta v3.0.0.13
    Added Theora encoding and muxing to ogg.
    Convert your Video with Therora encoder (in a mkv container, because ffmpeg does not work correctly when writing a single Videostream to ogv or ogg).
    Convert your Audio to opus or vorbis and mux the new created streams to ogg container.
    Try it and report issues here.
    Last edited by ProWo; 22nd Jul 2022 at 08:58.
    Quote Quote  
  30. With the current version I can not load the files that with the previous stable version could, moreover, when it starts, it does it in the background and its icon only appears in the start bar when you find it.

[Attachment 65981 - Click to enlarge]

(Enlarge to view correctly)

On the other hand, unfortunately, even if the mkv container works, it is not useful for what I was trying to do, let me explain:

Many games now use ogv files for their cutscenes, using very sloppy video encoding, so with a few tweaks you can significantly reduce their size without any noticeable loss of quality. My problem is when these use multiple audio tracks for the different languages, as there is currently no application that will handle this.

Likewise, I thank you for your prompt response and dedication, this week I have been testing hundreds of similar applications and I can assure you that your work is by far one of the most complete!
    Quote Quote