VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi,

Do you know if there's a way to decrypt live-stream Widevine-protected mpd's ?

I can download pasts fragments (like 5 min ago), i can decrypt them (mp4decrypt with key), but is it possible to watch a live-stream mpd and decrypt it with key ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Of course its possible to "watch a live stream mpd".
    Why do we keep getting question after question about this ?

It makes no sense unless the real reason you want to decrypt a Live stream on the fly is to restream it live for others to view it live.

The common sense approach is to download the livestream, stop it when you're ready. Then decrypt it.

Re streaming live drm protected videos is a completely different approach. So which is it ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jack_666 View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look (with google translate...)

Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Of course its possible to "watch a live stream mpd".
    Why do we keep getting question after question about this ?

It makes no sense unless the real reason you want to decrypt a Live stream on the fly is to restream it live for others to view it live.

The common sense approach is to download the livestream, stop it when you're ready. Then decrypt it.

Re streaming live drm protected videos is a completely different approach. So which is it ?
    I want to decrypt a live-stream, I can't paste .mpd link in VLC because it's encrypted.
    I have a .mpd link and I wanted to know if it was possible to decrypt it and view it in the same time.

I can already download and decrypt the livestream, but not in real-time.

If it's impossible it's okay, I was just asking (don't want to restream it for anybody)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Im not judging you or anyone else who keeps asking this. Far from it. If you are purely viewing it you can watch it in your browser. So maybe its just me, but I dont get your logic of wanting to feed an encrypted mpd into VLC player (?)

If its a half-hearted attempt to record it with the VLC record button, it uses ffmpeg so you are barking up the wrong tree there too.
    Last edited by codehound; 29th Apr 2022 at 04:01.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interesting thread.

And for decrypting widevine protected livestream (for a restream purpose), it's completely different compared to the methods used to decrypt VOD videos as we usually do ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Im not judging you or anyone else who keeps asking this. Far from it. If you are purely viewing it you can watch it in your browser. So maybe its just me, but I dont get your logic of wanting to feed an encrypted mpd into VLC player (?)

If its a half-hearted attempt to record it with the VLC record button, it uses ffmpeg so you are barking up the wrong tree tree there too.
    Actually, I use a live-tv service to watch live TV (I have a subscription, but this service has a free plan). But their app / website isn't working great (lags, etc). I wanted to watch it with VLC (more stable), or ffplay, but I can't decrypt and watch it in the same time.

I can still download past stream (like 5 min before) and decrypt it with mp4box, but it's not live-stream...

In fact, I don't know if there's a way to decrypt this live .mpd AND watch it in real-time
    I said VLC because I just don't know if an alternative exists ...

Originally Posted by mathieuthibault View Post
    Interesting thread.

And for decrypting widevine protected livestream (for a restream purpose), it's completely different compared to the methods used to decrypt VOD videos as we usually do ?
    Well, I can't decrypt a live-stream like a VOD because when we download a VOD, we have to download all fragments, they're muxed in a .mp4 file then we can decrypt it.

If i want to watch a live-stream, it can't download all fragments first because it's live, new fragments are coming every 3s so it can't be muxed in .mp4...
    Quote Quote  
  7. It works exactly like vod.
    You get the initial segments and binary append upcoming segments till you want to cancel

Then decrypt it using mp4decrypt or ffmpeg

this is how it works for restreaming.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    It works exactly like vod.
    You get the initial segments and binary append upcoming segments till you want to cancel

Then decrypt it using mp4decrypt or ffmpeg

this is how it works for restreaming.
    Thanks for the details. But I don't understand how can we go from an encrypted .mpd URL to a decrypted stream URL at the end (and not a local .mp4 file decrypted on your hard drive using mp4decrypt as we do for encrypted VOD)
    Quote Quote  
  9. They are first decrypted on VPS servers then restreamed to hls ( unprotected m3u8 )

If you have a live mpd with keys on you I can show you a demo.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    They are first decrypted on VPS servers then restreamed to hls ( unprotected m3u8 )

You think i can set up something like this on my Windows ?

I have a live mpd with keys, can I send it to you in PM ? (don't want to get the key/mpd deleted...)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    They are first decrypted on VPS servers then restreamed to hls ( unprotected m3u8 )

Nice. I'll PM you
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post

I'm also interested a demo
    Quote Quote  
  13. If someone knows how to do this, I'm interested...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by abaca20 View Post
    If someone knows how to do this, I'm interested...
    If you just want to watch the live streams, use the keys and urls with a clearkey compatible app like tivimate or ott navigator, that's what I use in my tv.
    If you want to make them available to other players/people you will need a paid server running a tool to convert them to unencrypted hls,(called wvtohls or mini_cs).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by cimbor View Post
    Originally Posted by abaca20 View Post
    If someone knows how to do this, I'm interested...
    If you just want to watch the live streams, use the keys and urls with a clearkey compatible app like tivimate or ott navigator, that's what I use in my tv.
    If you want to make them available to other players/people you will need a paid server running a tool to convert them to unencrypted hls,(called wvtohls or mini_cs).
    It's working with Tivimate & OTT Navigator, it's perfect for Android TV, it was exactly what I needed ! Thanks a lot !
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by notaghost View Post

Hello notaghost can you show me too I want to download and decrypt live streams I have the keys and the mpd m3u8 but ytd-p only download 30secs or 6mins in other mpd but just download the video can you help me please
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post

have a live mpd with keys how to do this ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    This chrome extension can play drm-protected live streams if you add "?&ck={"KID":"Key"}" at the end of the mpd. For example:

Code:
    https://channel-tdn-cdn.blim.com/manifest.mpd?&ck={"4ae10c2357e250e088bb8a5ab044dd50":"e7f47e2b948e9222cf4d24b51881ec04"}
    But first you must encode to base64 what is between curly braces using this website https://www.base64encode.org/

Code:
    https://channel-tdn-cdn.blim.com/manifest.mpd?&ck=eyI0YWUxMGMyMzU3ZTI1MGUwODhiYjhhNWFiMDQ0ZGQ1MCI6ImU3ZjQ3ZTJiOTQ4ZTkyMjJjZjRkMjRiNTE4ODFlYzA0In0=
    Then you just have to paste that link in the address bar and the stream will play.

Honestly, it's a bit useless because it doesn't work in external players like VLC, but maybe this method could be adapted to another tools
    Quote Quote  
  19. @lfer94

Thanks for sharing that tidbit
    Quote Quote  
  20. Did anyone solve this? Is there a working way/script that would continuously download new chunks listed in MPD file, decrypt them, join video and audio and finally make them available as HLS stream which is decrypted?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by popmar88 View Post
    Did anyone solve this? Is there a working way/script that would continuously download new chunks listed in MPD file, decrypt them, join video and audio and finally make them available as HLS stream which is decrypted?

Of course there are many

Ffmpeg served over nginx is one example
    There are already scripts to have a complete solution but I doubt seriously anyone going to just rock up and give you one
    Also there are many variables to take into consideration when trying to restream something that's live
    Quote Quote  
  22. Play with ffplay:
    ffplay -cenc_decryption_key 100b6c20940f779a4589152b57d2dacb https://bitmovin-a.akamaihd.net/content/art-of-motion_drm/mpds/11331.mpd

Download and decrypt with ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg -cenc_decryption_key 100b6c20940f779a4589152b57d2dacb -i https://bitmovin-a.akamaihd.net/content/art-of-motion_drm/mpds/11331.mpd -map 0:4 -map 0:5 -vcodec copy -acodec copy decrypted.mp4
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thank you so much!!!!

-cenc_decryption_key was the missing flag... My ffmpeg version was not built with it. I downloaded the full latest build and it works like charm!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by popmar88 View Post
    I downloaded the full latest build and it works like charm!!!!
    What exactly did you download?
    I get
    Code:
    Failed to set value '100b6c20940f779a4589152b57d2dacb' for option 'cenc_decryption_key': Option not found
    and I downloaded the full latest build from gyan.dev
    also just tried from BtbN
    Quote Quote  
  25. make sure it is latest https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/builds/packages/ffmpeg-2022-06-01-git-c6364b711b-essentials_build.7z

Code:
    ffmpeg version 2022-06-01-git-c6364b711b-essentials_build-www.gyan.dev Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers
      built with gcc 11.3.0 (Rev1, Built by MSYS2 project)
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --disable-w32threads --disable-autodetect --enable-fontconfig --enable-iconv --enable-gnutls --enable-libxml2 --enable-gmp --enable-bzlib --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libzmq --enable-avisynth --enable-sdl2 --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libvpx --enable-mediafoundation --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvmaf --enable-libzimg --enable-amf --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-d3d11va --enable-dxva2 --enable-libmfx --enable-libgme --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libgsm --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopus --enable-libspeex --enable-libvorbis --enable-librubberband
      libavutil      57. 26.100 / 57. 26.100
      libavcodec     59. 32.102 / 59. 32.102
      libavformat    59. 24.100 / 59. 24.100
      libavdevice    59.  6.100 / 59.  6.100
      libavfilter     8. 40.100 /  8. 40.100
      libswscale      6.  6.100 /  6.  6.100
      libswresample   4.  6.100 /  4.  6.100
      libpostproc    56.  5.100 / 56.  5.100
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  26. Yes, exactly that version and -cenc_decryption_key is there!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    make sure it is latest https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/builds/packages/ffmpeg-2022-06-01-git-c6364b711b-essentials_build.7z

Code:
    ffmpeg version 2022-06-01-git-c6364b711b-essentials_build-www.gyan.dev Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers
      built with gcc 11.3.0 (Rev1, Built by MSYS2 project)
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --disable-w32threads --disable-autodetect --enable-fontconfig --enable-iconv --enable-gnutls --enable-libxml2 --enable-gmp --enable-bzlib --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libzmq --enable-avisynth --enable-sdl2 --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libvpx --enable-mediafoundation --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvmaf --enable-libzimg --enable-amf --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-d3d11va --enable-dxva2 --enable-libmfx --enable-libgme --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libgsm --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopus --enable-libspeex --enable-libvorbis --enable-librubberband
      libavutil      57. 26.100 / 57. 26.100
      libavcodec     59. 32.102 / 59. 32.102
      libavformat    59. 24.100 / 59. 24.100
      libavdevice    59.  6.100 / 59.  6.100
      libavfilter     8. 40.100 /  8. 40.100
      libswscale      6.  6.100 /  6.  6.100
      libswresample   4.  6.100 /  4.  6.100
      libpostproc    56.  5.100 / 56.  5.100
    Thanks, with this link it works. But where is this link actually to be found?
    It's not here...
    https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/builds/
    can't find it anywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    Play with ffplay:
    ffplay -cenc_decryption_key 100b6c20940f779a4589152b57d2dacb https://bitmovin-a.akamaihd.net/content/art-of-motion_drm/mpds/11331.mpd

ffmpeg -cenc_decryption_key 100b6c20940f779a4589152b57d2dacb -i https://bitmovin-a.akamaihd.net/content/art-of-motion_drm/mpds/11331.mpd -map 0:4 -map 0:5 -vcodec copy -acodec copy decrypted.mp4
    seems easy, but i want to play one live content , but if i try to play with exxtension or downlad i get only 40 seconds audio and video. i cant jump to the next segment here an example (st=1654072003~exp=1654072063). ffmpeg i presume will stop here. i can download another segment with actual data.
    maybe i need to extract corect mpd for play? If someone can help me i will send it message on pm or on discord if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by libero08 View Post
    Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    Play with ffplay:

seems easy, but i want to play one live content , but if i try to play with exxtension or downlad i get only 40 seconds audio and video. i cant jump to the next segment here an example (st=1654072003~exp=1654072063). ffmpeg i presume will stop here. i can download another segment with actual data.
    maybe i need to extract corect mpd for play? If someone can help me i will send it message on pm or on discord if possible.
    What exactly are you trying to do
    Download a live stream or convert to hls in real-time
    Quote Quote