VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Guys, I have some CCTV video exported from a camera system of a project I did. I'm trying to do a time-lapse video. I have many different clips in original MKV format, 4K. I have converted these to MP4, however when playing the MP4 video, VLC opens and plays the video fine but there is a section of the video that doesn't play, and brings up a error. This happens with the original MKV file too. If I reopen the file and skip past that section the rest of the video plays fine. Its only like a 5 or 10 minute segment of the video that seems to be corrupt.

Thus, making the file very hard to work with. I cannot copy the file to other drives, and only certain programs are able to open it. Premiere Pro, Vegas pro cannot, AVS video editor can but apparently gets 99.99% through an export and then spits an error.

Is there a way I can repair this file. I cannot do a screen cap of this video in 4K as I have nothing to support 4K.

I have this problem with 6 of my 38 clips, ranging from 2gigs to 23gigs per clip.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Avidemux and mark your in and out points, try to cut out the dead zone with that, or Losslesscut should work fine too.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote