VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi all,

I built a DVD in DVD it PE (v2.54, not cracked) and, as expected, it's a bit larger than 4.7 GB - actually, DVDitPE indicates 5.1 GB.

So, I wanna choose the "make a DVD folder", create it in my HD and use DVD Shrink later.

The help files says that, if disc is too big, I have to write manually the size of the output file in MB and click the update button, then it'd show the updated information and allow me to go to the next screen.

So, I typed in "6000" at the output field, but when I click the "update" button it sticks back to CDR (650MB) option

Annoying, actually I tried typing in 6000000, 6.00GB, 6000MB, 5.1GB (supposed to be the exact size of the disc), I tried typing a path like "D:\", something like "D:\6000", etc,, etc, etc; but it sticks back to the CDR format and shows a big red bar saying me I can't fit the disc there, not allowing me to go the next screen ! (
    I have 40 GB free at the HD;

HOW SHOULD I TYPE IN THE "OUTPUT" FIELD ??

Thanks,

Andre
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no need to do what you are doing, forget the custom settings. Just setup the video settings for a DVD-R 4.7, and begin the project. Even if Sonic estimates its over the limit, it will only warn you, just click ok and continue to create the dvd to a folder only. Not folder and burn or anything else. Also, its best to put the folder in the root of any partition as oppossed to within some folder. I always compile mine to different partitions on different physical drives. Eg. If the original files are on my c: then I create the folder in the root d:
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Originally Posted by You_Are_Alive
    There is no need to do what you are doing, forget the custom settings. Just setup the video settings for a DVD-R 4.7, and begin the project. Even if Sonic estimates its over the limit, it will only warn you, just click ok and continue to create the dvd to a folder only............
    Thanks, but....NO ! It doesn't happen !!

I go to FILE - PROJECT SETTINGS - SET OUTPUT SIZE (DVD-R 4.7 GB...) and then I have two options : "CHANGE SETTINGS" or "RETURN TO PROJECT", it forces me delete media files !
    It's not a warning message.....

I have v 2.54;

Any opinion ?

The help files say that I have to fill in manually the size in MB of the folder in the HD, but it stickes to the CDR size value (??);

Thanks,

Andre
    Quote Quote  
  4. Then you probably messed up at the beginning of the project. When you started up, you may have hit a cdvd profile project instead of dvd. This is probably why it wants you "to stick with the CDR size value " as you put it. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Just start another project with a dvd profile now, and I bet you it will work then. If you still get the same message after you've verified you have the right setting, then enter your own value. You'll know you've done it right when the status bar is all green. You probably have green with some red, so just look at what it reports, lets say it 6.23 GB, then set yours to about the exact same + 100 or 200 extra MB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I opened DVDit! PE 2.5.4, clicked NEW, MPEG-2 4:3
    File -> PROJECT SETTINGS
    Clicked SET OUTPUT SIZE,
    went down to OTHER,
    put in 9000 in the blank window and hit enter,
    and it gave me the size: "User (8.79 GB)"

I had trouble at this with 2.5.0, hadn't done it recently.
    Updating is always worth it.

Give it a try, andre
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guest
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I opened DVDit! PE 2.5.4, clicked NEW, MPEG-2 4:3
    File -> PROJECT SETTINGS
    Clicked SET OUTPUT SIZE,
    went down to OTHER,
    put in 9000 in the blank window and hit enter,
    and it gave me the size: "User (8.79 GB)"

I had trouble at this with 2.5.0, hadn't done it recently.
    Updating is always worth it.

Give it a try, andre
    THANK YOU, ain't I a stupid guy ? The manual syas to enter manually the desired size and click "update", NOT hit "Enter".....

Hitting ENTER, it worked.....but I STILL HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM :

I have 20 GB free on my HD, and have enetered 7000 as the desired output, as the DVD itself is 5.1 GB.

But now DVDitPE says that "there is not enough disc space to build the project, continue building anyway ?C:"

As I have free enough space in drive C, I press OK and then it returns me an error of not enough space.

Any guess ?

Thanks so much for you both,

Andre
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guest
    Hi again "You are alive" and "Lord smurf";

I've got it, it was using the default Windows/Temp folder, I've changed it and the progress bar is running OK at this moment !

THANKS AGAIN !!!!!

Andre
    Quote Quote