VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I'm new to this forum and VSDC. I have just filmed my first video, which I used my phone for. I added some music to it, using the VSDC program to edit the video.

When I open the video in VSDC, it says 'the object is not linked with the video file (the source file has been deleted or moved). You need to link the object with new video file using the properties window.

I added like an intro at the beginning that works and the music works, it's the actual video that I filmed that doesn't work, but it was. It seems to be the video works and I save it. But then say the next day, when I open the program back up, this message comes up.

I don't understand what this means. I have spent ages trying to solve the problem. I am totally new to this video editing, so I don't even know the basics. I'm just learning as I go along.

If anyone could help me this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Michelle
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to open a new project and add your video and music. Then make the changes you wish and finally render (save) the modified movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Yes I've done that. I have finished the video and saved it, which it has done fine. But then the next day when I open VSDC and open the saved video it doesn't work. The music will and the intro I done, but the actual video I've filmed on my phone doesn't work.

Thank you prowo for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have had a similar problem. Is it possible to embed files in the project so that I can still work with it when the original source files have been moved to another computer? If so, how do I do this please.

It's possible that the terminology is different and that's why I can't find anything in documentation.

Thanks,

Lozy
    Quote Quote