VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. No, but I have tried Princos DVD-Rs for 1.30 a piece. Works on all players tested.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have heard a lot of bad things about Princo. The current batch of cheap DVD-R's I use will only play back for about the first hour, and then the DVD player*s* will stop playing. So, it's only good for about 2 gig files. The only DVD-R's that have worked perfectly on ALL DVD players are the Apple and Pioneer DVD-R's.
    Don't buy these disks:
    http://steve.kittelsen.com/work/dvd.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  3. My friend picks up spindles of 100 of Princos in the Bronx for 130 and never failed past any point. Guess it can be the players, but from his experience and giving out DVD-Rs to friends (not Apex owners), no problems yet.

I hear Apple media is great but last I checked it was 5 dollars a piece.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Carefull. These sub $2 DVD-r are really problematic. Most people can only burn at 1x (not too bad) but also report stuttering and freezing issues playing movies on set tops(Really Bad). Note that these issue only occur when attemping to play movies written to the outer tracks of the DVD-R. Which translates to the last 10-15 min of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't think it's the discs that are the problem, per se, but rather the places that are making the discs. For instance, I get most of my blank DVD-R media from www.cd-recordable.com. I generally get good results with them, but in my last order there were 2 discs that had swirls on the recording side next to the hole in the middle. Wouldn't you know that the last two dvd's I made for a client had the swirls on them, and I had to replace the discs with 2 new ones. The client said that the discs played good till the end, then locked up. Right at the swirls.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The Vivastar CDRs are very reliable.

Have not tried their DVDRs yet.

Bought a 100 pack of Bulkpaq DVDRs from from http://www.121cdr.co.uk for £98.00 and have burned about 5 so far.

They play in both of the DVD players I have tried so far, even my normally fussy Sony player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Watch out for memorex dvd-r discs. I purchased a 3 pack for 20.00 at best buy and none will burn at 1x in nero using an a03 pioneer burner. Nero gives power calibration error, which is the same error I get when I try to burn cd-rec...com's media at 2x. At least I can burn cd-rec dvd-r's at 1x but memorex will not work at all.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    AlphaGeeK
    They accept orders only from UK.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I just got a 5 pack from CompUSA for $18, and the first disk burned OK. However, I noticed a few times that I got some big square blocks from time to time when playing it back, and some slight audio out of sync. So, the disks are not perfect. Obviously only burns at 1x.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ah, so it maybe the media behind my friend's 1x problem. Odd though b.c the first disc we burned was fine at 2x, but later on he had the same power calibration error as byrdmaniac69 mentioned and has to burn at 1x now. He has the AO3.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by googlioboy
    but in my last order there were 2 discs that had swirls on the recording side next to the hole in the middle.
    Then the problem would have been at the beginning of the movie. DVD's, like CD's read from the center out.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by skittelsen
    I have heard a lot of bad things about Princo. The current batch of cheap DVD-R's I use will only play back for about the first hour, and then the DVD player*s* will stop playing. So, it's only good for about 2 gig files. The only DVD-R's that have worked perfectly on ALL DVD players are the Apple and Pioneer DVD-R's.
    Don't buy these disks:
    http://steve.kittelsen.com/work/dvd.jpg
    Maybe they should change their logo to:

Write Once/Read Once ( or Twice )

kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!