VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I bought a Magnavox TB100MW9 converter box a while back. Hooked it up a month ago to an old TV & scanned it to make sure it worked [worked fine]. I then turned it off and let it be just a pass-through until 2/17 arrives. Just recently, my analog signal became nearly non-existent. I pulled both coax cables off the box and hooked them together. Voila, analog signal is fine & strong. Turning the box on, off or to standby doesn't help. My question: Is the pass-through feature a constant or can the box being shut off too long stop it? OR did the box just go defective while sitting there all by itself?
    Thanks.
    T'care,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same box, but mine never had passthrough. I can't find my user guide at the moment, so I can't confirm whether it was supposed to support it or not.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Magnavox TB100MW9 is an ealy version that does not support analog passthrough. The successor model TB100MW9A has that feature. Maybe the "A" was inadvertantly left off when you typed in the model number?

Not being used should not in and of itself make the a feature stop working. Theoretically a component could have gone bad just sitting there. I don't know what the Magnavox boxes do, but some CECBs periodically "wake up" for short periods if plugged into an outlet, even after they have been turned off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your rapid reply. I checked the box and it's definitely a 9 only [no A]. It was passing the signal through for a month though. Oh well, only 6 more days and I'll know if the box still works. Either way, I probably still wouldn't need the pass-through feature anymore. Thanks much though for the helpful information. Fingers are crossed!
    Always
    Mike
    Quote Quote