VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anybody like to share the attached pic mp42 (mp42/mp41) encoding application/software name.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mp42.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	51172  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hundreds

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Would you like to explain any few of them ?
    Last edited by deepfrayder; 21st Dec 2019 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can go to the software tab at the top of this site and look for video encoders. There are descriptions.

Scott is correct, there are literally hundreds of encoders that can match those parameters. You have also provided no information about what you are hoping to accomplish. That is why you are getting so few responses.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This has nothing to do with encoding; this is just the format brand for the MP4 container.

Usually it has no significance for audio or video, although some hardware players might have compatibility issues with some brands (rare)

You can remux it with mp4box to specify the brands . -brand mp42 for the main in that screenshot , -rb to remove the brands (e.g if source had isom or other variants) , -ab to add alternate brands (e.g. mp41 if you wanted to add it and it did not already have it)

mp42 is supposed to the newer mp4v2 container (2003) ISO/IEC 14496-14:2003 , mp4v1 the older one (2001)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks to Poison & also I'd like thanks to all for the useful information.
    Last edited by deepfrayder; 23rd Dec 2019 at 03:40.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Please share full command syntax for using -rb how I can use this in FFmpeg to remove the brands.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by deepfrayder View Post
    Please share full command syntax for using -rb how I can use this in FFmpeg to remove the brands.
    Only mp4box;

I don't see the options in ffmpeg fullhelp. There is only -brand for ffmpeg . That only applies to the major brand
    Quote Quote