VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I should record my voice on a music track ( so, music in background and voice at the same time).
    Can I use goldwave? If yes any suggestion?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    a friend of mine is suggesting me to record voice and music separately and then to link them with Magix Music Maker.
    your opinion?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    marlo,
    You could use Goldwave (don't think it does multitrack though) plug your music track (From a MP3 or CD Player) and vocal microphone into some sort of external mixer, then plug it into your computer and record it on the fly, which will be tricky. I would suggest using multi-track music software that will allow you to import your music track in, then you can sing on a different track and mix it in the software, and add as many vocal tracks as you like, N-Track www.fasoft.com is an inexpensive but very good multitrack software, but I believe there are some free or demo audio multitracks also available as well, Check the Audio Tools Section of this site by clicking on the "Tools" link on the left hand margin of Videohelp's Homepage. Also Google "Harmony-Central" they have loads of Audio Software there to look at as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You may be able to do that with the freeware audio editor Audacity. It can do multiple tracks, has a import feature for audio from your sound card and can mix channels. It accepts WAV, AIFF, Sun AU/NeXT, MP3 and Ogg Vorbis audio and can export them after processing. MP3 output requires installing LAME MP3. You can also output as WAV and convert to AC3 externally with ffmpeggui.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I have audacity and my audio files on which I should record my voice ( always with the same music in background). What shall I do?
    I suppose: file open and import the MP3 then?????

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    trying I made audio import and then record: it works but my voice is very low..........
    Quote Quote