VideoHelp Forum

Poll: I mainly make...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I use to make nothing but xSVCDs (mostly with DVD2SVCD) but these days I make nothing but DVDRs (Pioneer DVR-105). To me even if you don't want to use all the features of DVD (which I rarely do) the storage space and higher bitrates just make DVD so much better than x(S)VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vejita-sama
    I use to make nothing but xSVCDs (mostly with DVD2SVCD) but these days I make nothing but DVDRs (Pioneer DVR-105). To me even if you don't want to use all the features of DVD (which I rarely do) the storage space and higher bitrates just make DVD so much better than x(S)VCD.
    I agree. :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. I Make VideoCD's with 48khz Audio, so when (long time from now) I get DVD
    Burner, i'll just burn them into it and put several movies or TV Series on one
    media, i've got no problem with the quality, I love it.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    If it's possible to vote for KVCDs (particular template flavour of xVCD..) then I want to vote for making EHVCDs.. surely my method counts as a new and namable variety of xVCD too

But even with saying that, I viewed the Signs clip above, and i want to know which particular lord of the underworld kwag sold his/her soul to in order to pull such fidelity at such high resolution out of about a 1000kbit/s average That quality is very cheeky, so it is.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    (looks at kwag's forums)

I wish i'd found them a long, long time ago. thorough dissection of CQ vs CQ_VBR, quality levels, spoilage and the like.... stuff that I've wasted a lot of time on testing and figuring out, only to myself arrive at similar answers to what's on there. Now, what's this Blockbuster filter you keep going on about?

(me retracts EHVCD statement as kwag got to the same place ages ago but with matrices and DLLs and stuff )
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Sefy
    I Make VideoCD's with 48khz Audio, so when (long time from now) I get DVD
    Burner, i'll just burn them into it and put several movies or TV Series on one
    media, i've got no problem with the quality, I love it.
    I haven't any problems either with the quality of standard videocd's. I also have a dvd burner mainly for backup purposes and also for putting videocd's on dvd. The nice thing with videocd's on a dvd is that you have over 7 hours of playtime. The longest playtime that i have done on a dvd without any quality loss is over 9 hours. This was achived by encoding only widescreen materials to non standard videocd's with a videobitrate of 850.

Finaly..the only thing left to say about the videocd format is why hate it..love it instead..i do.

vcd4ever.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @vcd4ever, you get no arguments from me! I Love VCD's, and I plan on sticking with them for a LONG time to come! untill nothing I have will be capable of playing them
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I always burn DVD-R with my Sony external burner
    Quote Quote  
  9. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    fine if you have the stuff that can work with 48khz discs.... i play 'safe' with it and use 44.1 (my brother's still got a portable player stashed somewhere that's 44.1 only)... when the time comes that 48k is all anyone uses - highly unlikely i'd say, more probable that DVD players will support 44.1 instead - it wont take long on the PCs of the time to rip out the audio, do a good sounding, near instant conversion of it, and remux
    Quote Quote