VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Phones have gotten so freakin' powerful that I wonder if anyone has ever tried some of the NLE's for Android?

I don't want to be like those old geezers who never try anything new.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are a few apps, but as far as I am concerned, they're just toys*. Nobody who is serious about editing would waste their time this way.
    Tried it - put it back.

Even Photoshop is crippled compared to the PC/Mac. ...which is a great real-world example of why Phones won't obliterate other form-factors.

Scott

*(Often single clip top&tails+canned "FX" templates, and that's it.)
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 9th Mar 2016 at 18:44.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nope ..
    i have android, love it , BUT no

NOW IF you get a Windows phone you might be able to use some 'real' video editing software...maybe
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not experiment? Shoot a few minutes' worth of video on your phone, then try editing a copy in one or more of the editors. See if any of them are suitable for your purposes.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. A high-end phone is still no match for a Core i3 or AMD APU, and there is the heating problem. The screen is also too small for NLE UI.
    So there are many apps that apply simple effect on video, but a full-featured NLE is not practical.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Face it. Nothing beats a computer. That mickey mouse stuff will kill your eye balls. Maybe you want edit video at a dull concert or on the road-cannot wait to get home? Forget it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Pinnacle has a halfway decent product for editing on a tablet -- and even that feels like a chore.
    Quote Quote  
  8. This looks interesting and fun perhaps. So much to do and so little time....

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-clip.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    This looks interesting and fun perhaps. So much to do and so little time....

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-clip.html
    Agreed, though Adobe's demo shows that the "serious" work getting done in Premiere!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Agreed, though Adobe's demo shows that the "serious" work getting done in Premiere!
    I have no doubt that Adobe's reason for offering the app for free is to upsell you to CC.
    Quote Quote