VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There is mpd in the zip, the other one I don't know is it the key?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by d9111; 18th May 2022 at 08:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. write video link
    no info on your mpd
    Quote Quote  
  3. This MPD doesn't have protection inside so there's no need of KID/PSSH. ytdlp throws out
    Code:
    ERROR: Did not get any data blocks
    ERROR: unable to download video data: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'srghth.m4a.part-Frag1'
    This prolly means that the fragments are no longer located on the server, so it can't download.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Image
    [Attachment 64856 - Click to enlarge]

The mpd link can be downloaded, and it is protected after I downloaded it, so I don't understand how it is protected? What I pack in the zip is a file that I think might be the key.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    This MPD doesn't have protection inside so there's no need of KID/PSSH. ytdlp throws out
    Code:
    ERROR: Did not get any data blocks
    ERROR: unable to download video data: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'srghth.m4a.part-Frag1'
    This prolly means that the fragments are no longer located on the server, so it can't download.
    There may be ip protection? I can download it. The preview video on the website is also encrypted.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I found a solution elsewhere, thank you for the kindness to answer the question!
    Quote Quote  
  7. “To anyone who is wondering, I was able to download streaming scenes that I rented from HotMovies.com. I'm not sure if this works for all streaming scenes on the site but here's what I did:

1. Start streaming the scene in your browser, open up "Inspect Element" panel and go to the "Network" tab, then refresh the page.

2. Start playing the video and you'll see a bunch of files pop up under the "Network" tab. The .dash files are segments of the video and audio that you're streaming, but they're encrypted. To break this encryption, you will need to download two very small .dash files that are the earliest in their respective sequences and don't actually contain any video or audio data; these are the "initiator" files.

3. Now you have to download all the .dash segments of the video and audio. You can see the links for each segment pop up in the "Network" tab as the video is playing. You'll notice that the links follow a pattern . You can use Microsoft Excel to replicate this pattern and thus generate the links for all the segments.

4. Download all the segments using the links you generated. You can do this however you want; I installed the Tab Save extension in Chrome, copied a large proportion of the links, and got Tab Save to try and open all of the copied links at once.

5. Once you have all the segments downloaded, you have to concatenate all of them with the initiator as well. I used the File Joiner program for this. Just make sure that your segments are ordered correctly in File Joiner, with the initiator file always being first in the list.

6. Once you've concatenated all your video segments into one video file and all your audio segments into one audio file, you just need to put them together. I simply muxed them in MKVToolNix.”

---------------------------------------
    I followed the above method successfully, it was a bit fiddly, but it played fine.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah, if this 1-6 steps process didn't make it clear to you that there was no encryption in this, I don't know what will
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Yeah, if this 1-6 steps process didn't make it clear to you that there was no encryption in this, I don't know what will

Only the first fragment of video and audio is processed, which should not be encrypted. Thank you for your kind reply.
    Quote Quote  
  10. No need to process anything.
    Quote Quote