VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. Just asking if is any software that can create mp3 audio CDs, able to put more song in 800mb CD space? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mp3s are put on cd as data. any burning program can copy data to a cd. you can only fit as many as there is space on the cd.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
    Hello. Just asking if is any software that can create mp3 audio CDs, able to put more song in 800mb CD space? Thanks
    To expand on what aedipuss said....there is no such thing as an mp3 audio CD. An audio CD (like you buy in a store) CANNOT contain MP3 audio. It MUST be 44.1 LPCM(wav) audio:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio

You can pile as many MP3 files onto a CD as data as you want....and quite a few players will recognize the MP3 data files and play them....but a normal, "old fashioned" CD player will not play a data disc with MP3 files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. My go to tool of choice:

CD Burner XP CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Frank_Broughton View Post
    My go to tool of choice:

CD Burner XP CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components.
    I get locked out of your link
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check your firewall settings. Use imgburn, it's free and very good.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    roxio AND SO ON
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
    Hello. Just asking if is any software that can create mp3 audio CDs, able to put more song in 800mb CD space? Thanks
    Nobody is really sure what you mean, but if you really need to create audio CDs because maybe, for example, you have a car CD player that can't play MP3, you can search for 90 minute CD-Rs and burn those. I actually recommend using Nero for that. I've made many over the years. They still work. You have to use Overburn mode to burn those CDs as they are non-standard. You can look up how to do that. My experience is that everything I have used will play them, but I have found that it's best to stay under 90 minutes and the less below, the better. After about the 89 minute mark it starts getting iffy. If you for sure stay under 90 minutes, it should be OK on the burn, but if you try to do even a few seconds over 90 minutes, you will get a burn error and the last song may be unplayable. If you really look hard you may even find 99 minute CD-Rs, but I don't recommend those. Most burners can't burn them at all. One final thing if you do this - when burning use the SLOWEST speed possible on your burn. Do 1x if you can, but don't go above 4x under any circumstances or you'll probably make a coaster.
    Quote Quote